Chapter 2

The glass fogs up and becomes blurry before a cloth is lightly slapped onto the surface, squeaking sounds emitted from the unlit lamp as it becomes clean. A man with slightly curly dark brown hair with a little scruff skilfully slides down the ladder and onto the brick path.

"When the early morning hours...~
Have come, and gone~
Through the mist morning showers...!
I greet the door~
For when it's light has hit the ground,
There's lots of treasures, to be found!
Underneath the Lovely London Sky~"

Jack shortens the ladder before turning around, placing it on the back of his bike, looking over his shoulder for a brief moment as he sings, admiring the brightening sky of London. Clouds touch the water on the river Thames, creating a mystic yet peaceful vibe as the night finally comes to an end.
The man rides his bike through a slightly messy, damp street with tall brick walls and heavily tinted large windows, crates and barrels lining the corners and walls as a few trucks drive past, the few men working during the early hours of the morning setting up their first load for the day, pushing through the early morning as they think about heading home to their families in the evening.

"Though the lamps I'm turning down,
Please don't, feel blue~"

Jack swiftly pulls over to one of the spread out lamps on the street, stopping by a cart of red apples as he lifts a wooden pole with a small cup and hook on the end up towards the top of the lamp. With ease, he opens the glass casing holding the fire and puts it out before closing it again, a smile on his face and he sends small, acknowledging nods towards the few people he had become acquainted with in the street. 

"For in this part of London Town,
The light, shines through~
Don't believe the things you've read!
You never know,
what's up ahead,
Underneath the Lovely London Sky~"

He hops back on his bike and drives past the cart of apples, sending a small wink towards the man on the back of the truck beside it who nods in understanding, watching as Jack swiftly grabs a ripe red apple. As he turns the corner to exit the street, he swiftly throws the apple over his head and towards the group of people with a few of their family members who wait to gather food for the night. A man catches the apple and looks towards Jack gratefully, bending down to give the apple to his little daughter—roughly about eight years old— with a smile. A woman sitting on the bench beside the small crowd smiles and gives the leery a smile and slight look of awe at his kindness.

"Have a pot of tea!
Mend your broken cup!
There's a different point of view,
Awaiting you,
If you would just look up...~"

Jack makes his way from the viewing point of the London bridge and rides down the road, sending a respectful nod towards an officer who patrols the streets. He slows the speed of his bike down an alley, smiling at the sound of giggling children following him. He stops the bike at the lamp positioned at the exit of the alleyway and smiles as three children approach him, grabbing onto the pole and putting out the lamp.

"Hey! Get outta here!" A man cleaning the outside of his shop growls at the kids, who giggle and tease him slightly before running back the way they had come from. 

"I know, yesterday you had to borrow from ya chums...!
Seems the promise of tomorrow, never comes!
But since you've dreamt the night away,
Tomorrow's here, it's called today!
So count your blessings,
Your a lucky guy~!
For your underneath the Lovely London Sky~!"