Hope

The time was 9:21 AM. Faye had just woken up, she had the day off after the late night yesterday. She followed her routine, she got dressed in her dance outfit, consisting of a wrap skirt, tights, tank top and today she wore regular ballet shoes, not pointe ones. Her hair was in a tight bun and she went for the kitchen to prepare some breakfast. "Goodmorning." The voice said as she stepped into the kitchen, Faye reached for the gun in her waistband but it wasn't there. When she took a moment to see who the voice belonged to, she immediately calmed down.

"Shit, you nearly gave me a heart attack," Faye sighed as she leaned against the fridge, "I forgot that you were here." 

"Sorry," Connor excused. Since it had been so late in the night when they got back to Faye's, she had offered Connor to stay the night, "I hope this can make up for it." He turned around from the stove, holding a plate of food.

"Scrambled eggs?" Faye was shocked, "did you make this?"

"Yes." Connor answered like it was the most obvious thing in the world, "I thought you'd like it."

"It looks amazing!" Faye grinned, "I've just never had anything that fancy for breakfast."

"Well, what do you usually have?" Connor asked.

"I don't know... coffee?" Faye answered as she moved towards the dining table in the living room, it was an open space so there wasn't really a wall between the kitchen and the rest of the tiny apartment. She sat down at the spot she always sat in, facing the tv. "I didn't even know I had eggs."

"You didn't," Connor answered as he placed the plate of eggs in front of Faye, "I went out and bought some." The thoughtfulness made Faye blush.

"Connor," Faye sighed, "you didn't have to do this."

"You don't want it?" Connor sounded heartbroken.

"Yeah, I do! It's just that you didn't have to put all this effort into it." Faye smiled.

"It was my pleasure, I know over 4000 recipes and this is the first time I've actually used one of them," Connor said, "plus, I didn't have anything better to do while you slept."

"Come here," Faye made Connor bent down so she could give him a kiss, she still couldn't understand that this was real, that Connor was kissing her back. The android then sat down at chair opposite of Faye as she started to devour the eggs, "this is the best-tasting eggs I've ever had!" Connor smiled at how hungry Faye was. After eating some ore aye said, "you know, you should get a hobby."

"A hobby? Why?" Connor sounded confused.

"So you have something to do while I'm sleeping." They both laughed, "I dance... maybe you should try that."

"What?" Connor seemed to be caught off guard.

"Get up," Faye instructed which Connor did, "take my hands." They stood in dancing position in the middle of the living room, "follow me." It didn't take long before Connor got the hang of it. They moved faster and did more intricate moves. Eventually, Connor spun Faye around and dipper her real low. "Woah." Faye said as he helped her up, "you're good, too good."

"Isn't that the point?" Connor was once again confused, there was so much he needed to learn about being human,

"Yeah, but it's too easy for you. You probably have like 500 different dance styles memorized." Faye raised one of her eyebrows.

"700," Connor muttered.

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

"You need something that's hard for you," Faye paced around the room as she thought of something, "something that you can't program... something which must come from the inside..." Then she ran off into her bedroom and after a few minutes, she came back with a pen and paper and placed it on the table.