Cat And Mouse

The car ride was fairly silent. Hank drove the car, Faye sat in the passenger seat and Connor sat in the seat behind her. The android looked through the rear-view mirror at the female in the front. Her hazel eyes were staring out the window at the rainy road ahead. Her ash-blonde hair had been tied into a ponytail. She was wearing a navy blue bomber jacket with the Detroit police emblem on the jacket's arm. One of Connor's program could determine the looks of a person, and the program told him that Faye would generally be considered a pretty person.

Suddenly the blonde felt someone looking at her and she caught Connor's gaze through the mirror. So that she wouldn't be mad at him Connor quickly asked a question, "detective, what do you do when you're not at work? Do you have any hobbies?" His social program dictated him to get to know his partner.

"Oh..." She looked a bit ashamed, "I don't do much outside of work... My work is my hobby." As sad as it sounded, it was partly true. Every day she took home files to work on into the late evenings but that wasn't all she did, only she'd never tell anyone of her hobby. Hank gave the blonde a short glance of doubt.

"What? Nothing else? Sports? Shopping? Makeup? Or what you girls do." Hank snorted.

"No, not really. I mean, sometimes I catch the game but nothing on a regular basis." Faye looked through the rear-view mirror at Connor, "what about you, Connor? Do you have any hobbies?"

"My sole purpose is to solve the case," Connor answered.

"Jesus, you two should start a club or something, the 'work-losers club," Hank said.

"Where are you going?" Faye suddenly asked, "this isn't the way to Ravendale District."

"Lunch." Was all Hank answered.

"Androids going rogue and all you can think about is food?" Faye was done with this old, an unmotivated jerk.

"Yep," Hank answered before stopping at a hamburger kiosk. "Stay here," Hank ordered and Faye rolled her eyes.

The Lieutenant was first to step out of the car and the female followed suit. The rain was coming down heavy and just a few seconds of walking from the car to the kiosk made Faye's hair soaked and turn a darker blonde. She walked up to Hank's left side, "I'll have a number four please," Faye told the man working there, he was already making Hank's hamburger.

"What are you doing?" Hank asked.

"Getting lunch," Faye answered like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Then Connor stepped out of the car and walked up to Hank's right side.

"Doesn't anyone of you know how to follow instructions?" Hank sighed as he turned his gaze toward his hamburger that was being prepared. 

"Lieutenant, I'm sorry for my behaviour back at the police station. I didn't mean to be unpleasant." Connor told Hank.

 "Oh wow, you've even got a brown-nosing apology program! Guys at CyberLife really thought about everything, huh?" Hank said.

"Here's your burgers." The man behind the counter handed one to Hank and one to Faye.

"Thanks, Gary. I'm starving." Hank answered before he walked away to a table where you had to stand.

"Hey, don't leave that thing here!" Gary pointed towards Connor.

"Huh! Not a chance! Follows me everywhere." And just as Hank said, both Connor and Faye followed him to the table.

At the table Faye opened the box containing the burger, it looked so tasty, she was starving. It had bbq sauce, bacon and extra cheese, the triple it was called. "Detective, that hamburger contains 1.4 times the recommended daily intake of calories and twice the cholesterol, you shouldn't eat that." Connor's statement made Faye laugh.