CHAPTER SIXTEEN

THE BITTER TRUTH

      The indoor balcony was fully decorated with colored local lamps and Arabian scents filled the atmosphere,  tables with chairs and the decor was truly and Arabian setting . Layla was sitting with her friend Yasmeen they branched  Royal Kebab's.
“So what are your plans?  Don't tell me Junaid still hasn't noticed you ” Yasmeen said looking expectant at Layla who was playing with her chunk of meat absentmindedly. “down to earth Layla” Yasmeen yelled waving a hand at her face.  “sorry , what were you saying ?" she replied “ I was just asking you about Junaid” she answered “Junaid ,is a source of pain in my life, even if I tell him how I can't live without him in my life he doesn't seem to understand all he talks about is Jalilah,  I hate that she's his cousin, and the worst part is he doesn't fail to show me that he'll never love me not even a chance” layers of glassy tears lines her eyes as she speaks these words,  they tasted like poison but she had to admit to it.  If loving Junaid  was poison then she's ready to die from it.“what about Hameed,  Layla that guy loves you , you're too pretty and successful to be wallowing in self pity because of someone we both know will never want you. Move on Layla as a good friend that's the best advice I can render you in this situation ” Yasmeen watched as tears rolled down her face,  what happened to her ferocious friend?  The one called iron lady because nothing gets through her easily? This Junaid must be something else.  What does he have that she can't just forget about him like she forgets about the other guys in her life?
“Hameed wants a divorce from Jalilah,  if that happens she's automatically going to reunite with her family and Junaid will not think twice about marrying her as he has always wished ” Layla felt shattered the life she's always planned for herself was  fall apart and it's seems there's nothing possible to get it back together. Karma doesn't mistake a person sins for the other and nemesis was real “Layla,  I suggest you stick with Hameed for the mean time.  That guy loves you” Yasmeen sounded persuasive “Yasmeen! Don't you understand?  I can never love Hameed we are not meant to be together he's just to foolish to notice and you all you are saying is Hameed!  Hameed ! Hameed.......” her voice hitched as she sights Hameed behind her, he had the most disappointed look ever and one could easily sense the tension and Hameed thought of crying, but not in front of Layla “excuse me” Layla muttered leaving a stunned Yasmeen behind.
********************************************
A DIVORCE LETTER TO MY WIFE .
     I'M NOT GOING TO START BY APOLOGIZING BECAUSE I KNOW I'VE DONE ENOUGH HARM THAN GOOD.  I'LL TELL YOU EVERYTHING RIGHT FROM WHERE IT ALL STARTED.  OUR MEETING WASN'T A COINCIDENCE,  EVERYTHING WAS ALL PLANNED BY A CREW OF FRIENDS I BELONG TO. I WAS ASKED TO MEET YOU AND FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU . NOT FOR YOUR MONEY AT FIRST IT WAS FOR REASONS I HAVE NO IDEA OF NOW I DO .  WELL YOU FELL INTO THE TRAP AND AGREED ON MARRYING ME EVEN THOUGH IT WAS BEARLY TWO MONTHS AFTER WE MET. WE WENT AHEAD WITH THE MARRIAGE EVEN THOUGH YOUR FAMILY WERE AGAINST IT AFTER INVESTIGATING ME THOROUGHLY,  YOUR FATHER CLAIMED I WAS NOT A PERSON OF GOOD CHARACTER . I CONVINCED YOU NOT TO BELIEVE ANY OF HIS WORDS THAT OUR LOVE WILL CONCER ALL ODDS. EVEN THOUGH IT WAS ALL FAKE.
WE GOT MARRIED SECRETLY AFTER CONVINCING MY FAMILY THAT YOU WERE AN ORPHAN AND YOUR UNCLE'S CLAIMED ALL YOUR FAMILY LEFT BEHIND.  YOUR FAMIKY WERE FURIOUS WHEN NEWS GOT TO THEM THAT YOU WERE MARRIED.  WHEN YOUR FATHER DISOWNED YOU BECAUSE YOU REFUSED TO GET DIVORCED FROM ME , IT WAS THE SAME ME FORCED YOU TO COLLECT YOUR SHARE OF HIS PROPERTY THAT WAS HOUSE YOU GOT THIS HOUSE AND THE COMPANY . YOU ASKED ME TO BECOME THE CEO OF YOUR COMPANY BECAUSE YOU BELIEVED YOU WERE TO FRAGILE TO HANDLE  SUCH A HUGE ORGANIZATION.
  THE DAY  I FIRST LAID MY HANDS ON YOU WAS THE DAY I  REALIZED I HAD TRULY STARTED FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOU. THAT WASN'T PART OF THE PLAN EVEN THOUGH I APOLOGIZED FOR THAT I STILL HATE MYSELF FOR WHAT I HAVE PUT YOU THROUGH.  THE LIST OF ALL TGE CRUEL THINGS I HAVE DONE TO YOU IS LONG.
      THE BEST PART OF EVERYTHING WAS TGE DAY I DECIDED TO GIVE MYSEL A CHANCE TO LOVE YOU,  YOU GAVE ME THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD , YOU GAVE ME NOOR. I SUGESSTED AN ABORTION BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT MY BELOVED GIRLFRIEND TO FIND OUT SHE WAS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE EVERYYHING I DID WAS ALL BECAUSE OF HER.  LAYLA.
EACH TIME I RECALL THE  EVENTS THAT LEAD TO NOOR'S DEATH I FIND IT DIFFICULT TO FORGIVE MYSELF.  MY CONSCIENCE WILL NEVER BE RID OF THIS GUILT AND THE PICTURE OF HER LYING IN HER OWN BLOOD BECAUSE OF ME WILL NOT DISAPPEAR  ANY TIME SOON. I DON'T WANT TO LIVE FOREVER,  CAUSE I KNOW I'LL BE LIVING IN VAIN KNOWING TRULY WELL MY SOURCE OF HAPPINESS DIED BY MY HANDS
I HOPE BY THE TIME YOU SEE THIS LETTER I'M ABLE TO CONVINCE MYSELF THAT YOU ARE NO LONGER MY WIFE . BEHOLD  I HAVE LOST THE ALL THE BEST THINGS THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED IN MY LIFE ITS TOO LATE TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT BUT I HOPE YOU FIND IT IN YOU TO FORGIVE ME.
I'M RETURNING ALL OF YOUR PROPERTIES AND THE COMPANY AND I'LL PAY FOR THE DAMAGES I'VE CAUSED EVEN THOUGH I KNOW IT 'LL NEVER BE ENOUGH TO HEAL YOUR BLEEDING HEART. FROM NOW HENCE FORTH I DECLARE THAT WE ARE NO LONGER MARRIED AND SHALL BE REGARDED AS DIVORCED.
I PRAY THAT ONCE YOU GET THE CHABCE TO BE MARRIED AGAIN IT'LL BE A BETTER MAN WHO'LL  LOVE YOU MORE THAN LIFE ITSELF AND HONOR YOU FOR WHO YOU TRULY ARE.
PLEASE FORGIVE ME.
                            YOUR EX HUSBAND HAMEED.
The folded piece of paper laaid lazily on her pillow case and he left the house with one last look carrying the only thing he came with his back pack.
***********************************************
The front door bell dings signalling the arrival of a visitor Yasir and his wife waited patiently for the person to come in view. A shattered Hameed left them awestruck he looked lean and it was obvious her hadn't slept for nights“what's going on hear Hameed? ” his father's voice echoed around the house, mama tried to calm him down but proved abortive “I don't like repeating myself” he said once again this time  quietly “I'm back home ” came Hameed's husky voice “what happened to your own house? ” his father asked , he walked to the couch and slumbed into it “I sold it ”came his short reply “what happened to the one you and your wife are living in presently? ” He asked yet again “I moved out, we're no longer married ” Hameed had to admit the bitter truth,  “heard you sold your house and got a private jet for some girl named Layla as a birthday present a week after your wedding to Jalilah,  I'm I right? ” his father fired. Hameed wasn't surprised his father knew of all these he got his information from a prime source “it's non of your business” that was all it took for all hell to let loose “if it wasn't my business then what are you doing in my house now that everything had come crumbling down to the ground? Why didn't you stay with the only person you thought cares about you?  I warned you,  I warned you about that girl you brought home from the club! All you ever seem to understand was layl........ ” he wasn't oppurtuned to finish his words as he collapsed on the sofa with his hands on his chest teary mama tried all she could to stop him from falling but it was too late.  An ambulance came ten minutes later and drove them to the hospital “you are a disgrace to this family,  you're not the son I raised, what happened to my child? ” Mama was furious but her old body was fragile to retaliate the way she'd wanted they paced up and down the emergency room waiting for at least a nurse to show up and maybe tell them they had hope he'd survive. “I just fell in love with the wrong girl.  Mum forgive me for all the pain I've caused you ” with this last words he left without glancing back.
Life was cruel and bitter.  It will at first always give chances for a change but when no action is taken to change for the better life takes drastic changes for the worse.
He thought long and hard about what step he wanted to take next. He knew he had no chances for mistakes this time around he picked up his passport and when to the only place he thought it'd  be useful. Dusting his tickets one last time he'd decided to go to Cameroon to start life afresh with the little he had he wanted to volunteer into a charity foundation owned by his one time classmate,  he's heard about the progress MUFRAH FOUNDATION  has made so far and he wanted to give a helping hand  perhaps helping a child will be his way to Jannah.

    A/N;  hello lovelies, hope you're enjoying the  book so far and I'll want to thank you all once again for giving my book a chance. Everything in this book is fictional except the mufrah foundation I mentioned.  It's a charity foundation that thinks of ways in making humanity better and the society a better place. You can search it on social media to confirm how true it is. This chapter is dedicated to the master mind if mufrah foundation mufyder1. And maryamsajoh even though we always fight know that I really appreciate the fact that you gave my book a try and your support was really helpful.
    Love Zarah 💞