C H A P T E R S I X

CO-OPERATION
    Hammed has been unconscious for a day and to say the house was peaceful was an understatement,  Jalilah feels as if life has been cruel to her but she glorifies Allah for keeping her alive.
    The redness of her eyes could easily be spotted by mere look,  she's not told any of his relatives of his condition but the doctor has assured her that he'll might wake up anytime soon. She lied down on the Salayah she placed in front of Hammed's bed, she's been sleeping here ever since the incident because she was afraid he might wake up anytime soon and may need help .
“water,  give me water I need some water” Jalilah dashed out to the kitchen and returns with a bottle of water and a tumbler she fills the cup and gives it to Hameed trying her best to make him sit up.  He sighed as his aching bones reminds him of how badly beaten he was,  his once handsome  face was brutally bruised. He drank the water in one go and suggested to rest for a while, then she left him for the kitchen.
    She came back an hour later with a bowl of oatmeal and bread, and she was actually glad to find him awake “please eat” she said and began feeding him at first she thought he was going to object and push her away or get aggressive and become violent but he kept mum and ate and even asked for more.  After that she gave him a towel bath and helped him brush his teeth, changed his clothes into a neater one and then  she called the doctor. “it's  quite obvious you don't need my help here anymore,  the patient is responding to treatment just fine. Make sure that you give him all the drugs I prescribed. He'll be fine Insha Allah ” with that Dr. Yusuf made his way out.  Sighing out of relief as a drop of tear stroll down her face she was glad he was awake , why does she feel this way?
     She took her time to make all his favorite Dishes and kept the house clean and even tried her best to keep him company and Hameed  as if on cue ate till he could no longer swallow he cooperated as though they've always been like this. With time he actually did get better.
        Three weeks has passed, Hammed has gotten much better and was able to move around in the house Jalilah thought it was high time he resumed work,  she made breakfast for him,  packaged a lunch box and brought out a grey suit from his closet then she suggested he takes a bath.
         All dressed he came downstairs and ate silently on the table took his plate to the kitchen and washed it he began looking for Jalilah since he didn't see her in the kitchen he decided to go up stairs all the way to her room.
       He knocks and opens the door abruptly,  shocked; she turned around with a surprise look she's just stepped out of shower and was drying her hair “sorry for barging in, I'll just wait for you downstairs”  then he made his way towards the door and stopped abruptly, was what he was seeing true? 
I blinked twice to make sure he wasn't hallucinating then turned around to face her.
*******************************
   Chapter six Is up already. Be sure to read, vote and comment. 
Tell me what you think about it, and if this was to be a situation you find someone known to you in will you take action?  What type of action will you take.  Be sure to tell me what you think in the comments.
              Love Zarah 💞