~{ 15 }~

"Neil?!" Max yelled, running over to the broken boy. Neil glared and looked away, not wanting Max to see him like this.

"Holy shit, Neil, what happened?!" Max exclaimed worriedly, crouching down next to Neil, placing a hand on his shoulder. The brunette immediately smacked his hand off of him, more tears involuntarily falling down his face.

"Are you ma-"

"This has nothing to do with you," Neil mumbled, his voice hoarse and frail from screaming. He wanted to scream again but couldn't because Max was there.

"Sorry. Um..." Max trailed off, not sure of what to say. He scooted closer to Neil. Finally, after minutes of silence, Neil spoke up.

"Nikki's gone."

"What do you mean?"

Neil struggled to get the words out. He wanted to scream again so badly, but couldn't because Max was next to him. After a full ten minutes of silence, Neil had worked up the courage to talk again.

"I went to her house. There were whiskey bottles everywhere," he whispered, the words barely making their way out of his mouth. The brunette started to tear up again. Max noticed this and carefully wrapped an arm around Neil's shoulders.

"So, she was drinking?"

Neil couldn't stop his stomach twisting as he involuntarily remembered the horrid smell of that house. He gagged, slapping a hand over his mouth. Luckily, he didn't vomit.

"Woah. Did it smell that bad?"

Neil slightly nodded in reply, not removing his hand from over his mouth. After taking a few deep breaths, Neil spoke again.

"I found her in her kitchen. She..." Tears threatened to fall as he struggled to remain calm around Max.

"Hey. It's okay. You don't have to act like your fine around me," Max said soflty, catching onto Neil's intentions.

Suddenly, Max felt a drop of water hit his nose. Then, a couple more drops hit the top of his head. Within the minute, it was pouring rain. The sky was a dark shade of grey, and an eerie feeling hung over it. The pond had thousands of ripples of water on it.

"Shit! Neil, we shouldn't stay out here much longer," Max exclaimed, his red hoodie turning a shade of crimson as it got rained on. His legs were also starting to become cold because he was wearing shorts. Neil didn't even flinch as rain hit upon his head, flattening out his curls.

"Neil? C'mon, you're going to get sick."

He didn't reply. Instead, he winced as the cold rain hit the cuts on his arms. Sighing, Max stayed next to Neil, his raven hair soaked and flattened. He shoved his freezing hands into his wet pockets, trying to warm himself.

"You don't have to stay here with me," Max could barely hear the other boy mumble because of the rain.

"I want to."

"Why?"

Max smiled and scooted closer to Neil, so their shoulders were touching.

"Because I like you."

A/N-

Hello!~ Author-Kunn present! EEK!! I forgot to post yesterday!! I'm so sorry for waiting until today! And I apologize for the really short chapter.

Have this horrible picture I drew as an apology!

YeEt

Welp, bye peeps!

💜💜💜💜💜