~{ 12 }~

"Answer me!!"

The tall boy jumped, finally making eye contact with the raven haired boy.

The once bright turquoise eyes were now dimmed, tears threatening to fall. His eyebrows were turned upwards, and his mouth was an intense frown. The pale boy had never seen Max make a face like that.

"I-I can't tell you."

"Why?!"

"..."

"Does Nikki know?"

"..."

"P-please. Tell me why you did this to yourself," the raven haired boy pleaded, now grabbing the ocean eyed boy's black jacket and pulling his face close to his own.

"You wouldn't understand unless I told you and I'm not," Neil mumbled, avoiding Max's gaze.

"No. You wouldn't understand unless I told you and I'm not."

What the hell?! Max thought. That's the exact same thing Nikki told me! So Neil does know that Nikki told me that he liked me?!

"Do you know what Nikki told me the night I got mad at you two?"

"Yea, Nikki told me after she got back with talking to you."

"Well... I m-might like that person b-back," Max mumbled almost inaudibly, getting extremely close to the pale boy's face. Neil could feel his heart shatter into trillions of pieces. Max likes Nurf? Heh. Why did I think I would ever have a chance with someone like him? The brown haired boy thought, tears arising in his ocean eyes. Max noticed this.

"You still need to tell me about this, though," the short boy gestured toward Neil's arms. The tall boy gulped, knowing if he lied about this, it would just make things worse than they already are.

"It's about your and Nikki's relationship together."

"Jealousy?"

"Y-yea," the ocean eyed whispered almost inaudibly.

Suddenly, the short boy broke out into laughter. The taller boy was slightly disturbed by this.

"Nikki and I were never actually "together". Preston just dared us to date for a while because of his weird OTPs," Max explained after he finished laughing, wrapping his arms around Neil's neck. He closed his eyes, almost falling asleep before Neil spoke again.

"Well, I hope you and Nurf have a well relationship."

"Wait, what?"

"I said, "I hope you and Nur-"

"Why would I want to be with Nurf?" The raven haired boy interrupted the ocean eyed boy, flashing a disgusted face. Neil's face turned into one of confusion.

"I thought you said you liked him?"

"No, I said I liked the person that Nikki told me liked me."

"Yea, and that was Nurf."

Max snickered quietly to himself, suddenly grabbing Neil by his shirt and yanking him towards himself. He crashed their lips together, his hands traveling up to the pale boy's brown locks. Blushing a dark crimson, the tall boy hesitantly kissed back.

"Maxwell!"

The raven haired boy exclaimed loudly, falling off of the tall boy's lap onto the floor. A dark crimson flushed his face as he realized what he dreamt about. He must've fallen asleep after explaining his and Nikki's relationship. Neil chuckled, helping the short boy up off of the floor.

"Hey, are you sick? Your face is really red," the ocean eyed boy commented on Max's face. The turquoise eyed boy reflexively covered his face with his hands.

"Uh-well, I'll go get you some medicine," Neil told the short boy, heading for the kitchen. Once the tall boy was in the kitchen, Max ran his pointer finger across his lips, blushing at the thought of how Neil's lips would feel against his own.

Wait.

Does Neil think I like Nurf?

Max thought to himself, looking in the direction of the kitchen. He quickly sat down on the couch, taking his phone out and dialing Nikki's phone number. She answered after a few rings.

"Hey, Max."

"Hey, Nikki, are you okay? You sound like shit."

"Uh... Well, I-I just woke up from a nap, and I'm really fucking tired. Why did you call me?"

"...I-It's about what you told me a few days ago," the short boy mumbled, a pink blush rising to his cheeks.

"Yeah, w-what about it?" Nikki asked, her voice straining like she was trying to hold something back. She sounded distant like she was focusing on something other than their conversation.

"What did you tell Neil?"

Silence.

"Nikki. Tell me."

"Huh?" Nikki exclaimed, obviously startled by something.

"Okay, Nikki, what the hell is up with you? You're acting really fucking weird."

"It's nothing. Just tired. What was your question again?"

"What did you tell Neil?" Max sighed, repeating his question to Nikki.

"I told him that I told you that Nurf liked you?" She told the raven haired boy, it being more of a question than a statement. Max mentally facepalmed, absorbing the information that was given to him.

"Kay," he told Nikki, quickly hanging up the phone as Neil walked into the room holding a bottle of some kind of medicine in his hands. He walked over to Max, handing him the medicine and plopping down next to him.

"Hmm. Thanks, Neil."

"It's fine," Neil mumbled in reply, taking out his phone and looking at the audio recording in disgust. How could he be so careless? Max probably thinks he's a weird faggot. The raven haired boy, with his new found information, decided to do something to the brown haired boy.

"So, yeah, about that thing that Nikki told me. I think I may like him back," Max smirked, setting down the medicine beside him on the couch because he didn't need it. The short boy looked over to Neil, seeing a slightly hurt face on him. Max could tell he was trying not to look hurt but failing miserably.

"Good for you," he forced out, keeping his gaze on his turned off, dark phone screen.

"You think I like Nurf?"

"Well, yeah. Who else would you be talking about?"

Max just stared at Neil until the tall boy looked over to him, perplexed.

"Uh, Max?"

The turquoise eyed boy smirked and grabbed the other's hands, intertwining their fingers together. He leaned towards Neil, pressing his lips to the pale boy's cheek.

A/N-

Ugh. I'm such a horrible author. I'm so, so sorry for not updating for so long. I was going through a lot mentally, so I didn't have the energy to write anything. I don't even know why whoever is reading this is reading this fanfiction. I'm not a very good author, grammar and dedication to my stories wise. I will try my best to keep writing. Again, really sorry for not updating in a while.

Bye peeps. 💜