⊱⊰ 55: Song of the Water Goddess ⊱⊰

Start from the beginning

"The enchantment has a little bit of everything," said Tausa, grabbing the kettle. "I'll be performing it now. Please remain quiet until the song is over. Ready?"

The team gazed at each other before they nodded in unison. Tausa nodded lightly. She then started to tap the kettle slowly, filling the silence with a slow beat. As she slowly moved the kettle left and right as if she was shaking the contents inside it, Tausa started to sing.

Arisa watched the lady sing with her eyes closed, still moving the item left and right. As the woman's calming voice echoed in the background, Arisa noticed that the language she was using wasn't the same as the native one she heard around the islands.

A calm breeze blew around the area. Arisa examined her surroundings as she heard another voice joining Tausa's song. The voice sounded as if it belonged to a woman. It didn't use foreign words like Tausa, but instead, it created a melody with its stunning tone.

Arisa closed her mouth as soon as she opened it to ask who was singing with Tausa. Somehow that beautiful voice sounded familiar. She rubbed her forehead. Where did she hear it before?

When she returned her view back to her front, she saw that Tausa was already serving their drink while singing. After she finished serving the drink, she grabbed the staff garnished with seashells. With the lady still singing, Arisa saw a great amount of wind surrounding the staff.

The song kept filling the silence as Tausa aimed the staff at the four wooden cups. She said a few words in a language Arisa wondered where it was from. She then saw a marine green light surrounding the cups and as soon as she blinked, the light disappeared.

Tausa sang again and as several seconds passed, the second voice in the background slowly faded. Several seconds more passed and Tausa finally stopped singing. She opened her eyes and gazed at each member, who gazed back at her speechless.

"The enchantment is over," she said, putting the staff back on the ground. "You can have your drink."

The team gazed at her in silence for a few seconds before they grabbed the wooden cups. Arisa examined her drink. It looked like green tea from the first look. She quickly had sip. She coughed, curling her lips as she still could feel the salty taste.

"Is this water from the sea?" asked Kazuya, examining his cup. "Because it sure tastes like one."

"It isn't," replied Tausa, shaking her head. "It's a drink I prepared personally. You have to drink it if you want to explore the underwater world."

Arisa gazed at her own cup. She took a deep breath and had another sip. She curled her lips again and closed her eyes, fighting against the bitter yet salty taste.

"Do we really have to drink all of it?" asked Thelma. "With this amount of salt, I'm worried our blood pressure will skyrocket."

"You will be fine," reassured Tausa calmly. "That drink is a taste of that world. You're traveling to the ocean after all."

Arisa heard her companions sigh before they attempted to have their drink. As she drank the mysterious drink, Arisa had a small break every time she had a sip.

"Who was that voice singing with you?" Arisa asked, taking another sip.

Tausa tilted her head. "Oh, so you can hear it too."

"Who wouldn't hear it?" asked Garoh, placing his empty cup on the floor. "The voice was loud and clear that I thought there was someone besides us in this cave."

Tausa gazed at them, blinking a few times.

"I'm surprised that you could hear that voice," said Tausa. "Only some of the Ancients can hear it every time I enchant someone. You must be special."

The Challenge of the MastersOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara