MARKREN pt. 2

mark

humming along to his alarm, loona's heart attack, mark rolls out of bed with a huge grin.

it's saturday and for a change, mark's schedule for the day only includes a haircut – after that, he's free to do as he pleases for the rest of the day.

with a giddy smile, he thought back to the previous night, when he'd told renjun about his appointment, the younger almost immediately asking if he could join.

mark didn't have to be asked twice.

after breakfast, taeil and donghyuck sharing a few confused glances at the pace he managed to inhale his kiwi, he showers thoroughly, singing his heart out under the steaming hot water. he even uses a face mask, even though he doesn't have enough patience to keep it on the entire five minutes, quickly tossing the sheet into the trash and gently (as gentle as his overzealous self could muster in that exact moment) patting beneath his eyes to possibly obliterate his under-eye bags.

after jotting down some coral shimmer in the inner corner of his eye, he grins at his reflection, hastily wiping at some toothpaste having dried on his lower lip.

perfect.

the first thing that throws him off his renjun's outfit – he's wearing donghyuck's black balenciaga hoodie, a dark grey beanie and light-wash jeans with the tiniest bit of flare over his worn out boots.

mark is overdressed. he wants to die on the spot.

renjun (who is not even wearing any makeup, mark notes in embarrassment) only smiles when they greet each other, not acknowledging how the older's dressed in a navy button up and tight-fitted jeans.

there's one airpod sticking in his right ear and he looks out of the car's window for a moment. all in all, he looks so effortlessly cool that mark feels like he could gag at any moment and projectile vomit all over the chinese like that one girl in pitch perfect one.

(on side note: donghyuck and renjun had been obsessed with that movie for about half a year, forcing all of them to watch it more than mark deemed healthy. it was worth hearing renjun's interpretation of since you been gone by kelly clarkson every time, though.)

"kinda sad you're getting it cut."

mark jumps at the chinese' words, still lost in his previous thoughts. renjun's look is trained on mark's fringe, the blonde having washed out quite a bit now.

i would grow my hair until it reaches the floor for you is what mark doesn't say because he's not insane – at least not totally.

instead, he scrunches his nose, shrugging a little.

the drive is less eventful than mark had imagined, but 90% of his daydreams that included renjun ended in them either ditching nct, to buy a small cottage somewhere in the sticks and own eight cats and grow their own cabbage – or, well, making out.

(side note: mark isn't sure which one of these scenarios he would prefer.)

"we're there," renjun hums and giggles when mark jumps.

maybe he has a playlist for how renjun makes him feel.

not in a creepy way, of course, but in a way that renjun's laugh is similar to running along a field in midsummer, daft pretty boys by bad suns playing in the background. when they watch a movie together, the younger playing with the hem of mark's shirt or the lose strings on the holes of his jeans it's like flaming hot cheetos by clairo and when renjun texts him in the middle of the night because he's bored and can't sleep and they end up talking the entire night, it's like holy by king princess.