6

Mitch really wished he could show Beau and Scott that he was completely sane and able to be on his own but right after his boyfriend left, he immediately refused to be alone that night. It was so fucked up. That house was supposed to be his own home, a place where he could finally rest and feel comfortable.

'Hi! Beau said that he has left. Just want to make sure that u r alright'

Mitch let out a small huff as he saw the message from Scott. Of course, they have been talking about him. He didn't even know what to answer.

'U know that im here for you, right?'

The other message came, reminding Mitch that he was staring at the text way too long and it was time to say something. He chewed on his lips and he was trying to figure something as soon as possible but his brain felt numb from the low quality of rest he got. He felt like he was going crazy. With each small noise his heart was beating faster.

He left Scott's message on read and texted Austin instead, asking if he had time that night but the answer was disappointing.

'Not tonight, maybe tomorrow?'

Mitch took a deep breath and went back to Scott. They didn't talk since the blonde asked if he was taking his medication properly. Seemingly Scott didn't find anything wrong in it even though he knew that he has hurt Mitch. There was no way that he didn't know.

'Mitchy?'

He had no idea what Beau has told him but Scott was playing hard this time. Maybe it came out of despair but Mitch tried to be honest about his feelings at least once again. They have been best friends since middle school. Maybe if Scott knew more about what he felt, he would take him seriously. Before he could change his mind, he started typing.

'Idk i'm just really stressed'

Send.

'Im so sorry :( U wanna come over? Mark makes dinner and we can watch a movie or smth'

***

Scott sighed as he dropped his iPhone on the coffee table. Mitch has seen his text but didn't reply. Was he still mad at him because of his question about the medication? Scott was not trying to be rude, why did Mitch not see it?

"Is everything alright?" Mark asked. He was chopping vegetables on the kitchen counter, only turning around for a short second to check up on Scott. The blonde shrugged, looking completely puzzled.
"I think he's still pissed," he answered as he stood up. "I texted him three times and he has read them all." Silence filled the room. Scott hugged his boyfriend's waist and buried his face into Mark's neck. "I don't know what to do with him. I know him since forever time but this mental health topic is just not for me."
Mark let out a sad chuckle. "Thank God for that." He placed the knife on the counter and turned to look into his partner's eyes. "Listen, don't stress yourself out. You've been living with him for years. Just let him tell you in his own way like he used to back then. I'm sure he doesn't expect you to be a therapist, being his friend is enough."
"You're right." Scott puckered his lips but as soon as he heard his phone binging, he stepped away from Mark.
"Invite him over for dinner if he's up to it!" Mark proposed, earning a warm smile from Scott. He was the type of boyfriend he's been longing for. No jealousy, just trust, love and respect.

***

To be honest Mitch never really talked with Mark. Since he got together with Beau, he was focusing more on his boyfriend than on Scott's partner. He didn't know if he would be comfortable hanging out with them in this state of mind but he definitely didn't want to stay home alone.

He sniffled, pulling his legs to his chest. Scott has probably told Mark everything and now he thinks that Mitch is out of his mind. Just like Scott did. He decided to take out the trash and check the mailbox to clear his mind before answering his friend.

He shivered as he remembered the bouquet. It was probably still inside the public trashcan Mitch chose. What if his stalker saw that he threw it out? He shook his head and took another breath while taking all the envelopes he got. They were formal letters.

Except one.

Mitch was dizzy. He felt like he was going to pass out right there, in the front of his house. Why didn't he leave him alone?! Why was he at his place? Why did he need to follow him? He nearly dropped all the letters as he closed the mailbox. He rushed inside, collapsing on the couch again and damn, he was too scared to open that fucking envelope. He didn't care how huge his phone bill was, he had zero interest of what he had been charged for parking in a forbidden place.

'Mitchy?'

A new message from Scott snapped Mitch out of his thoughts. Right. He still needed to answer him. Then his phone rang. He accepted the call, wishing that he won't sound too disturbed. "Scott?"
"Mitchy? Why don't you answer? Are you mad at me? Look, I'm sorry if-"
Mitch didn't let him finish. "It's alright. I'm just- a bit buzzy."
"Oh?"
"But I'd like to come over, thank you," he swallowed. "Although- I don't think I can drive." The end of his sentence sounded more like a whisper and he hated it. The last thing he wanted to be was miserable but it was true. He couldn't even take a proper breath at that moment.
"Are you okay?" Scott's concern immediately grew.
"Yeah, I just have penalty on my car and I need to fix it," Mitch lied. Well, technically he didn't – he still needed to pay a lot for that parking. It was just that despite the penalty he could still drive. However, using his car right now would've been a suicide attempt.
"What did you do that you can't use your car?" Scott chuckled. "Were you playing Fast and furious? Anyway, I can pick you up if you want me to. Or are you going to call a cab?"
"Come here, please." Mitch lost it. Small sobs escaped from his lips. "I really need you right now."
"God, please tell me that you didn't hit anyone." Scott mumbled, his eyes widen. He had no idea what made Mitch that upset.
"No, it's not that. Just come. Please."

After hanging up the call Mitch needed to open the letter. Just to see if it said something that Scott shouldn't know. It was short as usually and Mitch couldn't stop rereading the lines.

'I love to see how passionate you are on stage. I wish you would look at me the same way you look at the crowd.'

'You know, I think I'm in love with you. And I'll make you fall for me, I promise.'

No, Scott definitely shouldn't see that. If he wasn't believing him anyway and Beau neither- There was no chance that Mitch was going to let this insane stranger ruin his relationship. He didn't want to risk the chance of someone thinking that he was cheating on his boyfriend. He ran upstairs and dropped the letter on the top of the others.

He had about ten minutes for his breakdown and getting ready altogether. The ice-cold water felt uncomfortable as he splashed it on his face. His stomach hurt and he still felt dangerously nauseous from the adrenaline. He had no idea what he was going to say to Scott. He needed to sit on the cold tiles for a moment to get himself together. He didn't know how much he could take of this craziness.

He nearly jumped out of his skin when the doorbell rang. It was just Scott. Still, he could barely make himself greet his friend.

Scott's eyes were always so honest and caring but now all Mitch got was a nervous look. He blocked Scott's way in the door so he couldn't get in and possibly see that he was lying about the car penalty or find the other letter. "We can go," he said and put his palm on Scott's chest to show him the way back.
"Mitchy, what's wrong?"
"I don't wanna talk about it," Mitch mumbled as he locked the door. He checked it twice before turning back to his friend.
"Then why did you tell me to come and get you?" Scott crossed his arms. "Mitch, we used to share everything, remember? What happened? Just say something, please!"

But Mitch kept his mouth shut. He told Scott so many times, yet he never got any support from him. He already started to regret accepting the dinner invitation.

A/N
I was writing about someone trying to break into Mitch's house around that time someone ACTUALLY tried to break into Mitch's house and I'm still shook. Whoever it was, what the hell... And now I feel quite bad for writing this fanfiction 😂💔