14

Mitch couldn't help but wonder if the band members didn't trust him anymore. They were sitting in the living room area of the tour bus but no one dared to look into his eyes after the incident. They all knew that organizing things behind Mitch's back was something that will really deeply hurt the tenor. Beau knew it, too. He didn't get much information about planning the break but he got a long message from Scott, explaining what they had in their minds. It was already too late to warn them that Mitch wouldn't appreciate it.

The air was filled with unsaid words and heavy emotions. Usually the tour bus was loud from music and laughter but this time they all sat in silence, occasionally talking quietly. Mitch was staring at the screen of his phone, leaning to Beau's chest. The boy wrapped an arm around his waist, gingerly stroking Mitch's stomach with his thumb.

After a couple of hours they were all bored. Kirstie started to open envelopes that she got after the concert, so did Scott. Within five seconds Matt and Kevin joined them, too. Mitch acted like he didn't notice until Kirstie spoke.
"Mitch, do you want to read yours?" she asked with a soft smile, only making Mitch's stomach flip uncomfortably.
"No, thanks," he answered and tried to look very buzzy with his phone so no one would question why he was rejecting it. Beau's arm tightened around his waist: he sensed something. Mitch looked up and his eyes met his boyfriend's concerned stare. He didn't know what to say.

Only one thing was for sure: Beau will break up with him. Mitch promised him that he'll talk after they got home but now he couldn't. As soon as the thought hit him again, his eyes filled with tears no matter how hard he tried to resist, and the fear gripped his lungs, rushing through his body as ice cold water. He impulsively gasped out for air, and that was the thing that Beau noticed again. He pulled Mitch closer to his chest without a word, as an attempt to prevent whatever was going to happen next. Mitch was quite calm for some time now and Beau didn't want it to end.

Mitch wanted to shout and tell him not to touch him. All he wished was to disappear and never give Beau the chance to say the words that will end their relationship. Mitch knew that it was going to happen. Emotional pain can be so heavy. He didn't know how long he could take it.

When they arrived to Los Angeles, it was dark again. Kirstie was planning to spend the night at Scott's place with Ben and Floof since they were living in New York. Saying goodbye was the weirdest because none of them had an idea when they will see each other again. All of the bandmates hugged Mitch without a word, not knowing what to tell him. Silence was better than anything else – hearing pitying words would've made Mitch feel so much worse and ashamed than he did this way.

Beau took his hand and led themselves to a taxi waiting for them. They both sat in the backseat, and Beau didn't miss a minute to touch and comfort him. It surprised Mitch. They've been together for two years now but Beau never really needed to handle him this way. It was more Scott's thing to do after Penatonix became popular. It felt like Beau instinctively knew how to make him feel more relaxed and it broke Mitch's heart. He wished he would have the chance to give everything back but they didn't have the time anymore.

Mitch didn't let him to pay for the ride. He knew that Beau often felt uncomfortable when Mitch was taking care of the financial stuffs but it was a reasonable thing to do for the tenor. Money wasn't a question for him anymore. Despite that, they sometimes had small arguments about it and Mitch saw on Beau's face that this time he was forcing himself to hold back what he was going to say. He took their luggage instead and went to open the front door.

When the door opened and Mitch saw the dark room, his legs nearly gave up on supporting him. His breath was shallow, he felt dizzy, almost like passing out again. Beau switched on the lights and stepped inside. Mitch followed him but his eyes were automatically searching for something – or someone. When no one came to attack them, he blew out the air he was holding inside. Beau already kicked his shoes off but Mitch rather sat down for a while.
"Are you hungry?" his boyfriend asked, looking back at him. Of course he wrinkled his forehead immediately. "You're so pale, sweetheart."
"I don't wanna eat yet," Mitch answered, trying not to make a comment on Beau's statement.
"Okay. Let's take a bath then," the younger boy proposed, only earning a smile.