12. Beware of Elegant Ladies!

"Yes?"

"Uhhh......"

That was what eight teenagers sounded like when they were caught standing in front of the door of a house they intended to investigate for ghosts.

A tall, elegant, blonde woman stood in the doorway, looking at us with an elegant eyebrow raised in elegant question. Clearly, the lady reeked of elegance.

Now, if you saw this lady from far away, she would seem like an intimidating but elegant-of course!- woman who meant business. But, if you saw her up close, from where you could clearly see her electric blue eyes, she would seem like an elegant and intimidating woman who ate kids for breakfast and fully grown men for dinner, and definitely had a skeleton or two in her closet.

Yes, her eyes were that creepy. They were the stare-right-into-your-soul-and-send-a-chill-down-your-spine kind of eyes.

The lady took her own sweet time examining all of us. I, just like the rest of my friends, was tongue-tied, when she turned her sharp, steely gaze on me. Her eyes didn't betray her feelings, but that was enough warning for me. She looked around at all of us once more and spoke again.

"Well, all of you should come in."

Her tone was just as elegant as ever and if anyone else had heard her ask them the same question, they wouldn't even dream of refusing, but I really didn't like the vibes coming from this lady. So, I finally managed to get the words out of my mouth.

"No, it's fine, really. We didn't mean to- I mean we're sorry. We really didn't- we won't trouble you anymore than this. We'll just leave-"

"Oh no, darling, that wasn't a request, it was an order. Now," she smiled, baring her teeth (was that a fang I saw?) and we all gulped, "come in."

                 ×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×

"So, let's start with the introductions, " the elegantly creepy lady said, pouring tea for us even after we had politely declined her offer in the first place. I, for one, was learning that this lady didn't give people a choice.

The exterior of the mansion was nothing compared to its interior. Everything inside the house looked like it belonged to a different era altogether. The chandelier, the carpets and the grand staircase in the middle of the house that you saw the minute you entered the mansion.

We were all sitting in, what would be called, a drawing room. There was probably enough space for ten others to sit comfortably, but for some reason, all of us had decided to squeeze onto the biggest divan- yes, there was a divan in here- available in the room. My leg had started shaking by now. An irritating habit of mine, according to everyone who had ever been my lab partner, but it was just something that happened out of my own free will. Just like this situation.

"Um, ma'am, we really don't want to take your time and we're sorry that we trespassed, but I think we should leave, " Owen said in a polite tone. We all nodded in agreement.

At this, the lady only waved her hand, dismissing Owen's apology aside. With a laugh so elegant that even the Queen of England would be jealous, she pushed the tray consisting tea and biscuits in our direction.
"Oh, it's nothing, really. I enjoy having people over for tea. Since you are all feeling shy, I shall start. My name is Elektra Queen, " what a fitting name "You can call me Elektra, no need for calling me ma'am. "

When none of our jaws moved to form words, another elegant laugh was thrown our way. She pointed at the tray, "Please have some or I'll feel like a bad host."

Immediately, Ethan leaned forward to get the free food closer to him, but yelped a little, when Matt, roughly but discreetly, poked his side, effectively stopping Ethan from eating the biscuits or drinking the tea.

This is going nowhere.

I sighed. "Ma'am," I cleared my throat when the lady raised her eyebrows. "Sorry, Elektra, I mean. I'm Aria and these are my friends Mae, Rhea, Ethan, Matt, Mason, Torryn and Owen."

Elektra gave us a smile that said, 'now, that's more like it!'. Before, she could say anything else, I continued, "Now, since the introductions are done, I think we should leave."

The smile on her face didn't waver for a second. "What's the hurry? I recently moved here and I rarely get any company. It gets rather boring, you see. I thought we could get to know each other a little better."

"No. We will leave now, " Torryn stood up and before anyone could comprehend what was going on, he had managed to grab all of us by the hand one by one and pushed out of the room. Once the door was in our sights, everyone got back into their senses and approached the door rather quickly. But Elektra seemed to have gotten back into her senses, too, and was walking towards us.

"Well, it was okay-ish meeting you. We won't bother you again. Bye," with these words, Ethan slammed the door into Elektra's face and we all started walking, well, more like running away from the huge house and its owner.

We were all very certain as of one thing; we really didn't wish another encounter with Elektra Queen again. Turned out, the universe wanted to grant our wish, because the very next day, we got the news that a lady had been found dead at the 'Cursed House of Paradise '.

********************************

Hiya guys!! Look who's updating as per schedule!

Anyways, let me know what you think of this chapter!

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE

Ethan: Vote if you care about food more than sticky situations!