Chapter 28

A/N: okay but this song goes so well, play it!

ELENA'S POV:

I froze for a second. But then I remembered how awful today was, and that a break was probably what we needed. But it still fucking hurt. Kairi was my happiness, and I know you shouldn't depend on other people for your happiness, but god he made me happy. I went back to applying my make up with a blank look on my face.

"Okay" I said. There was no emotion on my face, or in my voice. If this was what he wanted then so be it. I didn't turn to look at him, I couldn't. If I looked at him I'd probably start crying all over again. I'll save the crying for tonight, when I'm sleeping alone again. 

"Cool" he said. He picked up his jacket, slung it over his shoulder, and walked out the room. As soon as I heard the door close I instantly broke down. I don't know what came over me, but it was like I'd been slapped in the face. A break? What kind of relationship was this? Were they meant to cause this much heartache? I sighed and fixed my makeup again.

I was still fastening the straps on my heels when I got a text.

MATTIA: Hey, Kairi just came to our room, and he         seems pretty heated, I hope you're doing okay 💛

I smiled and told him I was fine. It was nice to have him checking up on me. I thought back to when me and him used to date each other. He made me happy. I mean he still does. I missed him.

I sighed and looked at myself one final time in the mirror. My dress was figure hugging, wine red and touched the floor. I felt good, and I looked good. Hopefully, nothing would ruin tonight.

KAIRI'S POV:

Everyone showed up looking good. For me, Elena stood out the most. Her dress was so beautiful and she didn't wear huge amounts of makeup, cause her natural beauty shined through anyway. I shook my head. I must look like the biggest dick on the planet. I'm here complimenting her in my head, and literally talking about her like she's my wife, when I just told her I wanted a break. I facepalmed and headed outside to the boys. We hired a limo to take us to the venue. We all piled inside and I saw Mattia go sit between Elena and Vic. I rolled my eyes and started talking to Alvaro instead.

When we got to the Gala, the first thing we had to do was go and greet Alvaro's uncle. This guy was kind of a big shot. From what Alvaro told me, he used to be in the mafia, but now he owns a multi-million dollar company. As soon as we walked in we saw him immediately. He was hard to miss. With gold rings on almost every finger, a snakeskin suit with red bottom loafers, he stood out from everyone here.

"My nephew!" He shouted, slapping Alvaro on the back. He was loud. Very loud.

"Hey Uncle Claudio" Alvaro winced. We all laughed cause of how little he looked stood next to his uncle.

"Enjoy yourselves, all of you, we have the finest alcohol, put everything on my tab kids" he said to us all, with a smile that showed off his gold tooth.     Man, this guy had it made.

I went over to the bar with Robert and we ordered drinks. He ordered a white wine and I ordered 5 vodka shots. He raised his eyebrows when I gave my order.

"Bro are you sure? It's our first drink of the night" he asked wearily.

Of course I wasn't fucking sure. I was just trying to get wasted so I could get Elena off my mind.

"I'm sure" I said. The drinks came quick enough and I poured the first shot down my throat, and to say it burned was an understatement. Vodka wasn't something you were meant to drink on it's own, it was meant to be mixed. I poured two more down my throat and my fists curled up as I swallowed them.

"Aye man chill" Robert warned me as he started to take away the tray.

"Fuck off Robert" I snatched the tray back causing him to get annoyed with me.

"You're gonna fucking ruin tonight" he said, and walked off with his drink. I picked up the 4th shot and observed it before downing it. My vision had started to go blurry and I couldn't make out what anyone was saying too well. I shook my head and started to see things a little clearer. I turned around to look at everyone with the 5th shot glass in my hand. I looked over at Elena. She was dancing with Alejandro, Vic and Mattia. She looked good. I don't want a fucking break man. I poured the last shot down my throat and marched over to them.

I was wobbling slightly, but I made it over and Mattia and Alejandro gave me a concerning look. But I ignored them. I took ahold of Elena's wrist, but not hard enough to hurt her. But with just enough power so that she'd turn around to face me. She looked at me, with a horrified look on her face.

"K-Kairi what are you doing" she said, with a hint of fear in her eyes.

"I don't want a fucking break Elena" I yelled over the music. "I wanna love you, Elena I want to love you"

She took her wrist back and wrinkled her nose.

"You stink of vodka, Kairi you're drunk" she took a step back next to Vic, who was also looking at me with a disgusted look on her face. I tried to step forward to Elena again but Alejandro and Mattia both started escorting me out.

"Wait I wasn't fucking done" I tried to break free but they were both strong and I felt my body just getting weaker. I saw Robert come rushing over too, he looked disappointed.

"I'll go back to the hotel with him" he offered "you guys stay here, you were having fun".

Mattia and Alejandro agreed to let Robert go back with me. And we started walking to the limo.

Well, I guess what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.