Epilogue: Aborted

Deep Into The Future...

"I couldn't convince them Alpha." Purifier says as she droops her head. "I thought that shooting one of them might bring them to their senses a little bit but that didn't work either. Don't worry, they're just knocked out and they should be back up and going in a few hours."

"Honestly I shouldn't be surprised." Alpha replies as she sits on her rigging and floats over. "They love that commander so dearly."

"He's performed so well, he's even outperforming some of us." Beta says as she checks her cannons. "If those Kansens won't do anything, I'm not sure if they'll be able to face the consequences."

"They assumed I was going to destroy him personally, and then they all pointed their weapons at me. If I did so much as say something wrong they would have blown me to kingdom come!" Purifier replies. "After all you did tell me to just try talking them into scrapping him."

"He saved Bismarck, he's led the Ironbloods to victory and there's a whole list of achievements that I could rack off, I highly doubt they would do away with him right then and there." Alpha says.

"But should we act? Should we at least send out some of our production models?" Purifier asks.

"Judging by what's been happening there's been a string of inactivity from both sides." Alpha replies. "I wouldn't deem it necessary to use our production models to stir up some war. Say did you ever see their commander?"

"No not really." Purifier says. "The most I know is that they wouldn't let me near him. I don't think he's even with them right now."

"Oh he is. Before you got sent down there apparently the commander took a shell to the face and he was rendered unconscious." Alpha replies, looking at his data. "Considering the nature of the experiment that transformed him into a Kansen, it was bound to have this result."

"Three quarters human, one quarter Kansen." Beta says. "The others are equally half and half. Surely they could be moving a step forward in our direction?"

"I haven't really looked that far yet." Alpha replies. "But if there's one thing I know, nothing good will come out of keeping the commander around."

"I tried to leave them with some parting words but I doubt they'd listen." Purifier says. "We can only hope that this doesn't go wrong. If it does, I'm not sure if even the three of us together can deal with it."

The world will be shrouded in darkness if something isn't done.

To Be Continued