Breakthrough

"Hey! Are you really going to go without introducing us?" A mature sounding voice calls out. Standing before the commander and the girls are two ships, both with gun mounts resembling dragons. One of them sports long black hair, yellow Siren-esque eyes, and red horns. The other has short, dirty blonde hair with a black headpiece that somewhat resembles Eugen's and comforting brown eyes.

"I'm so sorry about that." The commander chuckles innocently. "Why don't you introduce yourselves? Isn't that easier?"

"I guess you're right." The girl with the horns giggles. "Well, I'm Friedrich der Große, or you can just call me Friedrich. I can go either way." She says as she manages her two dragon shaped gun mounts.

"Whoa..." Hipper says. "How do you even manage those?!"

"I guess they just come off as natural for me." Friedrich replies.

"And I'm Roon, not a hard name to goof." The blonde girl chuckles as she looks up at her rigging. Her dragon shaped gun mount is positioned much like a scorpion's stinger and the rest of her rigging acts like the pinchers of a scorpion.

"So wait... Where are the guns?" Köln asks. "From the looks of it you're a heavy cruiser."

"There's a big cannon in the mouth..." Roon replies as the dragon mouth opens, revealing a series of cannons. "And I have some in here." She adds as she moves the pincher rigging to give the girls a better view. On the inside there are grips that allow Roon to use these parts of her rigging like giant punching gloves and there are smaller cannons to provide supporting fire.

"Interesting." Köln says. "Now wasn't there a third thing that you guys were researching?" That's when the commander looks at the wisdom cube in his hand before looking back at Bismarck.

"I'm warned that this will be very bright. Shield your eyes if necessary." The commander says, and then he proceeds to eat the cube whole much to the girls' shock.

"Did... Did you just eat a wisdom cube?!" Scharnhorst asks, jaw dropped.

"I just got constructed... And this is the first thing that I see my commander do?" Roon asks. "Life here should should be interesting."

"You could say that again." Friedrich says, trying to process what she just witnessed the commander do.

"I... I can't even begin to process what you just did..." Tirpitz says, struggling to form words, but she doesn't have to worry as a flash of bright light engulfs the room and the girls shield their eyes as instructed earlier. When the light fades out, the commander stands before them seemingly unchanged.

"So... Was that it?" Z23 asks. "Nothing more?"

"That was a specially modified wisdom cube. We first took a cube and smashed it into chips. We then engrained those chips with information on both your commander and his flagship." The scientist explains. "And then we pieced it back together."

"If I recall correctly it was a battleship." Köln replies. "Is that of any importance?"

"Well, why don't you show them what happened?" The scientist asks the commander.

"Gladly." The commander replies as he poses, and battleship riggings much like Bismarck's emerge from his back! The four gun mounts, much like the heavier ships, have snapping jaws, and while they show sentience, the commander is in complete control of them.

"Whoa..." Bismarck says, astonished by the commander's riggings.

"That cube has transformed me into the likes of you girls." The commander says. "This is our secret weapon against the Azur Lane."

"I'm absolutely blown away!" Z23 says as she walks over to the commander and examines him from head to toe. "He's clearly become part ship, just like us." She adds before the commander hides them away just like the girls have.

"They won't know what hit them." The commander snickers.