Prologue: Fresh Off The Belt

"I just got word from our research facility." A voice chuckles. In the Ironblood office the commander has just received a letter from Bismarck, his secretary, and she has a big smile on her face.

"I wonder what it could be?" The commander chuckles back innocently as he opens the letter. "Huh, they managed to finish all three things at the same time? This should be interesting."

"Now you did mention that you approved two prototype ships to be constructed, but then you added a third one. What was that?" Bismarck asks.

"Oh you'll find out. Call the others and we'll all head there." The commander replies as he and Bismarck head out into the streets where the other girls are called out. Tirpitz is among the first to emerge as she walks alongside her sister while the twin ships, Scharnhorst and Gneisenau, head up near the front. Z23 and Köln are among the last of the ships to show up as they emerge from the academy looking tired out.

"You look like you've had a long day." Scharnhorst chuckles.

"Well when you have a ton of students to manage, it gets to be a real headache." Köln replies, adjusting her glasses. Once everyone is inside the facility the commander is pulled off to the side where he's given what appears to be a strange cube.

"Wait... Is that a wisdom cube?" Bismarck asks.

"Yep, it's a wisdom cube alright." The commander replies. "Wait til you see this."