19 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎 𝚘𝚗 𝙽𝚎𝚒𝚋𝚘𝚕𝚝 𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚝

Bill was setting up the map of Derry he had borrowed from his dad while Stanley, Beverly, and I were covering the windows of the garage with blankets. I was standing beside Stanley as I was helping him with the window he was at. Eddie and Richie were setting up the projector while Mike was by the garage door waiting on Ben to show up. I turned my head towards Ben once I heard the garage door being pulled down to be closed, which caused the room to become darker. I felt uneasy, but felt better with the light coming from the projector.

Stanley and I walked over to the group and took our places on the chairs. I sat beside Eddie, while Richie and Stanley sat behind the two of us. Bill stood behind the projector, Ben sat on the other side of the projector in the front like Eddie and I, Mike stood behind Richie and Stanley, and Beverly sat behind Ben. We had all turned our attention towards the map after Bill had placed the film into one of the slots.

"Look.", Bill spoke up. "That's where Georgie disappeared."

He was talking about the little 'X' that was circled and labeled 'Storm Drain' on the map. Then he spoke about the Ironworks and The Black Spot. He continued speaking, "Everywhere it happens, it's all connected by the sewers. And they all meet up at the–"

"The well house.", Ben cut him off, causing Eddie and I to turn our heads away from them and look cautiously.

"It's in the house on Neibolt Street.", I heard Stanley speak up from behind me. All I could do was stare at the map, listening to everyone speak around me.

"You mean that creepy-ass house where all the junkies and hobos like to sleep?", Richie asked to nobody in particular. That was when I heard Eddie use his inhaler, causing me to glance over at him as I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Hey.", I whispered as I placed my hand on his shoulder. "You okay?"

"I hate that place.", Beverly commented seriously. "It always feels like it's watching me."

"That's where I saw It.", Eddie replied to me, loud enough for the rest of the group to hear. He looked up at me as I began rubbing his back for him to calm down. "That's where I saw the clown."

"Th-tha- That's where It lives.", Bill stated to the rest of us before Eddie used his inhaler again. I kept gently rubbing his back to calm him down, whispering things like; it's okay or shh.

"I can't imagine anything ever wanting to live there.", Stanley added to what the rest of the group were saying about the house, which made Eddie shoot up from his place beside me. He turned to face the whole group.

"Can we stop talking about this? I- I- I can barely breathe. This is summer. We're kids. I can barely breathe. I'm up here having a fucking asthma attack! I'm not doing this."

He turned around and pulled the map off of the wall, causing Bill to point towards it. "What the hell? Put the map back."

"Mmm-mmm.", Eddie shook his head towards Bill before the projector switched to a different film. It switched again, and again as it was showing pictures of Bill's family.

"What's going on?", Stanley asked.

"Bill?", I turned to look at him, watching as the projector was flipping slides by itself. "Bill, what's happening?"

"I got it. Hold on.", Mike got closer and started messing around with it. Whatever he did, it still didn't stop. "Guys."

That's when it stopped on a picture of Bill and his family before it began zooming into Georgie's face. I kept my eyes focused on the projection, scared to turn away in case I'd miss something. The projector began clicking rapidly and then changed to Bill's mom who's hair was flying around in her face. Before we knew it, the projector began clicking faster than before and showed It.