16 - 𝚁𝚘𝚌𝚔 𝚆𝚊𝚛

"No, we gotta go through the alleyway.", Stanley insisted.

The Losers and I were all riding our bikes, which I was riding my own now since my mother got me a new one. We were listening to Stanley and Eddie bicker with each other on the whole ride there, and honestly it was getting tiring.

"The alley takes way too long.", Eddie replied to Stanley, arguing with him which made me sigh.

"No, the alley is so much faster.", Stanley tried pleading with Eddie, but it obviously wasn't going to get him anywhere.

"Guys!", I shouted, but didn't seem to take them away from their constant arguing. Rolling my eyes, I turned my head towards Richie's direction. Except, he wasn't smiling. He was frowning, which only meant he was still worried about last night.

"The alley is more dangerous and it's disgusting.", Eddie continued going back and forth with Stanley.

"How is it more dangerous?"

"It smells like piss and it's gross! Just take the side streets for once."

"Oh, my God. The side streets are the same. They smell like piss and shit."

"Okay, okay. Can you just tell me what she said exactly?"

"She didn't say anything. She just said that you guys need to hurry over.", Stanley replied to Eddie.

"She didn't say anything. Okay. Okay.", Eddie responded. Luckily, we finally reached Bev's apartment and God, were the rest of us finally glad their bickering came to an end.

I glanced to my left to see Bev running down the hill, almost sliding down because of her shoes but she caught her balance. Eddie dropped his bike. She was quick to speak up, "You made it. I– I need to show you something."

We all looked at her closely, Ben being the first to ask. "What is it?"

"More than we saw at the quarry?", Richie blurted out, causing me to slap his arm. He quickly glanced over at me, looking apologetic. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and looked back over at Bev while Eddie turned around towards Richie.

"Shut up! Just shut up, Richie!"

"My dad will kill me if he finds out I had boys in the apartment.", She quickly stated, causing us all to look at each other. Luckily, I had the upper hand.

"Yeah, I wouldn't want nasty boys like these in my apartment either.", I joked, earning a 'Shut up!' from each of them. I laughed hysterically, "Now I know what it's like to be Richie, and I don't know if that's good or bad."

"Both.", Richie winked at me.

"I mean, we'll leave a look out. Now, Richie and Ashley, s-s-stay here.", Bill quickly ordered, causing me to scrunch up my nose.

"Woah, woah, woah."

"Bill! Really!?"

"What if her dad comes back!?"

"You're leaving me with him!?"

"Do what you guys do best!", Stanley shouted back at us. "Start talking!"

Now, I officially knew what it was like to be Richie. Casted out by the group and left to die! Maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but seriously...the lookout? Richie and I are together, but I never felt so low in my life to have to be the lookout. It was usually how it ended up for him, but for me? This fucking blows.

Ash, even though you've had two of the crappiest nights ever, stay here with Richie to watch out for Bev's dad. Yeah, well screw you too, Bill!