11 - 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚙𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛

10:34 𝚙.𝚖.

There was supposed to be a sleepover tonight, but everyone bailed. Stanley had to stay home, Eddie's mom called my mom and said he couldn't make it tonight, Bill said his mom wanted help to fix something, Ben has no idea where I live, but I knew one person wouldn't try and bail. Richie would never pass up an opportunity of hanging out with me.

I was lying on my bed with my right leg crossed over my left one as I held one of Richie's comic books above my face. Richie was skimming through some of the vinyl records I owned, speaking out loud as he looked at all of them.

"No.", He tapped another one, then said, "Nope."

I let out a deep sigh, flipping the page of the comic book to continue reading it. "Rich, just fucking choose one."

"Ah-ha!", Richie exclaimed. I peeked over at him as he held up the Journey vinyl record. He turned it over to look at the back, then his face scrunched up. "Nevermind."

"Seriously?", I raised an eyebrow at him in amusement. "You say no to Journey?"

"I think anyone would say no to Journey.", He looked over at me, placing the record back on the shelf. He let out a huff before he went back to looking through the records.

I groaned in frustration, closing the comic book and placing it beside me on the bed. I used my upper body strength to push myself up to sit on the bed, then turned my body towards the edge of the bed, hopping off and heading towards where Richie was standing. Once I stood beside him, he looked at me.

"You have seriously got no taste.", I giggled softly, beginning to skim through the records. "Prince?"

"You always play Prince.", He groaned in annoyance, rolling his eyes at me.

"Are you jealous?", I grinned at him, only making him scoff in response. "Ooh, you are."

"What? Why the fuck would I be jealous? My singing skills are wonderful."

"Oh, god.", I began laughing at him. Through laughs I spoke, "Prove it."

"I will.", He smiled widely at me, clearing his throat before he began. "So, any Prince song?"

"Any Prince song.", I nodded.

"Kiss.", He wiggled his eyebrows, causing me to giggle.

"Okay.", I raised my hands up, taking a few steps back as I stared at him. "Go ahead."

"Here we go.", He cleared his throat, and began singing in a weird voice. "You got to not talk dirty, baby."

"Oh my god.", I giggled at the voice he used.

"Shh! If you wanna impress me. You can't be too flirty, mama. I know how to undress me, yeah!", He continued as I was hysterically laughing at him. He had thrown his Hawaiian shirt at the last line, which made me laugh even more. "I want to be your fantasy, maybe you could be mine. You just leave it all up to me.."

I smiled widely at him, until the next line where he humped the air, singing, "We could have a good time."

"Richie.", I scrunched up my face in disgust, but he started dancing, so he made up for it.

"You don't have to be rich, to be my girl. You don't have to be cool, to rule my world. Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with. I just want your extra time and your," He shook his head rapidly as if the beat was playing in his mind, and I did so as well.

"Kiss!", Richie and I both belted out, causing us both to burst into laughter.

"So?", He spoke through his laughter, "What'd you think?"