"That's the fifth time this morning!" Richard laughed, handing me a cuppa tea. I smiled.

"Hey, I have a baby inside me, pressing down on my bladder twenty four seven."

"Yeah well, I got ye a little somethin." He handed me a bag and helped me sit down. I giggled excitedly and opened it up. Tossing the  tissue paper to  the side. I melted to see some cute baby clothes.

"Aww Ritchie. This is perfect. Thank you so much!" I beamed, leaning over to hug him. He met me most of the way, wrapping me in his arms.

"I figured since you've been moving and all, you haven't had much time to shop for the little one." He said rubbing my belly. I nodded.

"Yeah. I've been really busy. Thank you so much Richard. Oh my goodness booties!" I giggled, holding them up. He laughed and shook his head.

"You birds find the silliest things amusing. It's cute."

I leaned over and gave him a small kiss. He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "Now, don't get soft on me Lucy."

"I'm so glad you're here Ritchie. I don't know what I'd do without you. You've always been a great friend and the best company ever. I appreciate all you've done for me."

"I love being with you Luce. You're a breath of fresh air compared to everyone else in me life. You're just so...normal. It's refreshing."

I laughed. "The first time anyone has ever called me normal."

"Well, get used to it." He smiled. I looked down and held up another piece of baby clothing.

"A onesie!" I yelled, smiling as Richard laughed.

..

Unpacking, moving furniture, and watching tv was the rest of the days activities. I was relieved to finally be taking a bath. I layed down in the tub, the warm water soothing my achy body. I giggled as my huge stomach poked out of the water.

Richard walked into the room and froze when he saw me. "I..I'm sorry I didn't know you were in here."

"No it's alright. It's just me." I smiled. He nodded and slowly walked over. I reached out for his hand. He kneeled next to me and stroked my palm, moving his fingers up and down my arm. I closed my eyes and rested my hands on my stomach.

"I love you Richard."

"I love you too Lucy." He answered. I smiled and opened my eyes, to feel something funny.

"Oh god." I sat up, feeling my back muscles cramping up. "Richard...the baby...now." I said taking a breath. His eyes widened and nodded, standing up and running out to door. I sat and heard him call Andrew and then run back into the room as I dried my body and slipped into some clothes. I bit my lip from the sharp pain and ran over to grab the bag Richard gave me with baby clothes. It's all I had and was prepared for.

"Okay um, keys! We need keys!" Richard panicked. I pointed to the wall and he grabbed them off the hook, rushing me to the car.

..

"Okay and push!" The doctor yelled as I did as told, sweating like crazy, in terrible pain.

I groaned and panted as the doctor yelled for me to push again and again. I clutched Andrew's hand as hard as I could, screaming as I gave the last push. Then the sound of crying filled the room. I couldn't even breath as I collapsed back on the bed.

"Here's daddy." The nurse said, cleaning little Maxwell off and wrapping him in a blanket. Andrew took him in his arms and stared in awe at the new member of his family.

"Let me see him." I smiled, reaching my arms out.

"No, I'm stealing him. Have a nice life." Andrew smiled. I laughed breathlessly as he leaned down, handing me Max. I smiled, cradling him in my arms. Sure enough, he had a full head of dark brown hair and a beautiful pair of green eyes like his father.

Max yawned and shut his eyes, holding onto my finger with his hand. I giggled.

"Looks like he's tired of us already." Andrew laughed. I smiled and just gazed at my new baby, without even blinking.

"He's so beautiful Andrew. It's good to know that thing of yours is good for something." I teased. He made a face and kissed the top of my head.

"Thank you Lucy. I was a complete nervous mess all these months and now that were here in this moment, I wouldn't want anything else."

I smiled and watched as the nurse took Maxwell. "We need to take care of a few things with the little one. We'll give you some pain killers in a bit. I think mother needs some rest." She smiled. I nodded and layed back.

"Yes, definitly." I sighed. Andrew leaned down and kissed my cheek. I grabbed his hand before he could leave. "Can you call Richard in here? I want to see him."

He nodded. "Of course. Remember to rest alright? I'll be back later."

"Alright. Andrew?" I asked. He looked at me.

"Yeah?"

"We did it." I smiled. He chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah. We definitly did. Cute little guy isn't he? Takes after his dad. Just sayin."

I made a face. "Get out."

He held his hand to his chest. "Still so cold!"

I laughed and stuck my tongue out at him. I watched him leave, then Richard entering. I reached my arms around to him. He walked over and hugged me.

"I saw the little lad as the nurse took him out. Cute little bugger." He smiled. I giggled and nodded.

"He is adorable. My baby. Aww Ritchie I'm so grateful you stayed."

"I'm happy to. The nurse told me ye needed rest."

I nodded and yawned. "That I do need. Will you come back later?" I asked, looking into his blue eyes. He nodded and kissed my cheek.

"I will. I promise."

I gave him a warm smile. "Good. I love you."

"I love you too Lucy. I'll see you later."

I nodded and watched him leave the room. I sighed and closed my eyes, already beginning to fall into a deep, sound sleep.

....