Dimension hop

"Kafu?" a soft voice asked behind him as he gazed up into the sky where Charlie had been sucked into the Ultra Wormhole. 
"Charlie," he whispered and turned around. Immediately, he scowled, "Juniper? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be back in Kalos now that you've finished swiping information from us?" Juniper flinched and stared at the ground in shame. 

"I'm sorry, I-" she stuttered but didn't finish. Kafu narrowed his eyes, 
"Get lost," he snapped and turned his back to begin flipping through his book, perhaps there was a way he could retrieve Charlie from the Ultra Wormhole? If she was still in it, that was. What if she had fallen out of it by now, and landed in some kind of planet far away? What if she was killed by the pressure? 

He washed the idea out of his mind, Charlie would figure out. She was one of the smartest women he'd ever met- 
"Kafu, wait," Juniper called, grabbing his shoulder and pulling him back toward her. Kafu turned around to glare at her, eyes blazing with fury, "I really am sorry, I didn't have a choice, I just wanted-" 

"You wanted, huh? Well, at least you're sticking to your character. And 'didn't have a choice'? Really? Bet you definitely had a choice, so just leave me alone, okay?" he snapped and grabbed her wrist off of his shoulder, shoving her backwards. Juniper's chin quivered and she looked up at Vivi fluttering beside her. 

"Fine," she whispered and turned to begin walking away. Kafu flinched in guilt slightly, but whatever. She got herself stuck into whatever mess she was is, and it was her problem to get out of it. Instead, he sat down on a nearby bench and looked up toward the sky. 
He trusted Charlie would get herself out of it. And he'd be there when she did. 

~

Charlie calmly blew on her steaming hot cup of tea as Juniper poured herself a cup. 
"So, hypothetically, if you didn't get your job at that cafe, what would you do?" she asked, still trying to figure out what she had fallen into. Juniper looked at her Vivion, 
"I guess I would've gone for a stroll in Lumiose City. Maybe look at the tower, try and calm myself down," she shrugged and poured Vivi a tiny cup of tea. Charlie nodded. 

"Right. How long ago was this?" 
"Only a month. Vivi evolved the other day, actually, only because a Bidoof attacked me, though," she said and took a sip of her tea, "now you really must tell me, what were you doing on the ground?" Charlie blinked, she couldn't just tell her that she got sucked into a trans-dimensional rift trying to prevent a giant black monster from space from destroying her home, could she? 

"Oh, I just passed out, really it's nothing to worry about," she placed her tea back on the saucer and put it back down onto the tray before whistling Sooli over from a potted flower in Juniper's kitchen, "I'm incredibly grateful for your hospitality, it really helped me regain my strength. But I have something really important to do." 

Quickly, she got up and lead Sooli out the door, waving the alternate Juniper goodbye and wandering out down the route she landed in. Since this was where she landed, perhaps it was some kind of hots-spot for Ultra Wormholes? Hm. It was a good idea, but not certain. 
"Okay, Sooli. How do I get it open?" she asked and sat down next to Sooli rolling around in the tall grass. She felt herself sit down on something sharp and pulled a petri dish out of her pocket and immediately brightened up. 

"Sooli! Look! It's the stuff we used to summon the first Ultra wormhole! Perfect!" she cheered and stared closely at the swirling mist. Carefully, she opened it up slightly and a small sample of mist rushed out of the dish, forcing Charlie to slam closed the mist she had left. 

Immediately, it began swirling around on the ground, build up in size and getting stronger and stronger! A tear in the sky opened up and a hurricane began lifting Charlie off her feet. With what little time she had left before she was sucked into the Wormhole, she stuffed the petri dish back into her pocket and held Sooli tightly in her arms, bracing for impact-