Sketch

"So," Juniper whistled as Vivi dropped her onto the ground and landing in Junipers arms, "how to we get to the mural?" Charlie cracked her knuckles.

"Leave this to Charlie Commons," she snapped and jumped down into the centre of the altar, Sooli following her, "as my mother always said, if you're gonna do something, you need three things." She looked up at the altar and almost gaped at how small the ledge was, but still, she began hanging onto the giant altar rock, Sooli pushing her onto it and stopping her from tipping over the edge whilst Kafu and Juniper stared at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Number one, you need determination. Know what you're gonna do and do it," she said, the ledge got too think for her to walk on so  Charlie looked down over the cliff and saw a pathway hanging off the edge, "number two, you need a good heart. If you don't trouble others, they won't trouble you while you do it."

Sooli floated down next to her and together they spotted a stair case at the end of the path. Charlie shuddered at the sound of Kafu dropping onto the path behind her and the light steps of Juniper being drifted down by Vivi.

"Number three," she whispered and ran up to the staircase before jogging up it two steps at a time and ended up standing in front of the giant mural from her dream, "you need an open mind. Always be ready to go down different paths or intake new information."

"Wow. I want to meet your mother if being around her makes you turn out the way you did," he whispered and dragged a faint looking Juniper up the stairs and shoved her sketchbook into her hands, "now draw."

Juniper scowled slightly and started drawing the mural from the corner as Kafu and Charlie stared at it.
"Charlie?" Kafu smiled and looked at his fellow researcher. Charlie looked at him, though her mind stayed fixed on the artwork in front of them.

"Yeah?" she asked. Kafu smiled and without warning gave her a hug.
"Thank you," he whispered into her ear, Charlie smiled and hugged back, "without you I wouldn't have found this or have thought to search for it." They broke from the hug and- after a moment of silence staring at each other with a small smile, they turned back toward the mural and pulled out their recording devices- be it Charlie's log or Kafu's notebook.

"Update, we're here at the mural. It took us a while, but we're here. Just seeing the mural in real life is so much better compared to its 'dream' counterpart," she mumbled, not really focusing on her words- lost in the awe of the mural in front of her. So she flicked her recorder off and began asked questions.

"But who are these two people here? Standing over the terrified crowd? And better yet- who is this child at the top? Supposedly the most important?" she wondered and twirled her hair-strand in thought. Kafu scribbled notes down in his notebook.

"I'm guessing they've got something to do with this- uh, what I'll call 'apocalypse' of Ultra Pokemon. These beasts. And I'm guessing that these three," he pointed to the three Pokemon at the top, a sun lion, a moon 'bat' and a monster as black as ink, "are the leaders of it. But I could be wrong."

"This must've been a record of something that happened in the past," Charlie noted and stroked the carved in patterns. Kafu nodded and scribbled down more notes. As they began falling into their thoughts, Juniper snapped them out of their dazes by showing them her extremely detailed sketch.

"Juniper, this is amazing!" Charlie exclaimed and snatched it away from her to show Kafu. He nodded and claimed that he'd be the one taking the sketch with him. Juniper blinked for a second before her trademark smile returned to her face.

"Sure!" she said chirpily and ripped out the sketch to hand it to Kafu. As she did, the sketch underneath it was revealed. It was a drawing of Juniper and Vivi dancing in Lumino City underneath the moonlight, wearing beautiful designer clothing and- for an odd reason- were less thin than they were now.

Strange, Charlie considered, my observations led me to believe that the traditional 'Fashion Female' has an ultimate goal to be twig thin.

Lost in thought, she almost didn't see the strange, shadowy figure in the background. A tall man wearing a fedora looking pleased for Juniper and Vivi.
Juniper noticed Charlie staring and snatched her sketchbook away and giggled,

"Well I'll just sit over there and draw for a bit while I wait for you to finish," she said quickly before sitting down and- true to her word- started drawing. Charlie cocked her head to one side. This woman was truly, quite strange. Maybe there was more to her than just an insufferable, stuck-up lady.

Maybe.