Chapter 14

CAUGHT was written in bold, and I stumble back as The Doctor screwdrivers the poor girl.

"What good will that do!?" I yell as he waves it in the air, then checking the readings.

"Oh my.." he starts, and I raise my eyebrows.

"Alona. Get back. Oh, and don't blink."

I do as he says, slowly backing up as the girl stares at us, confused.

"What's wrong? Oh, you guys are scaring me. I want my mom. Where's my mom!?"

The Doctor shakes his head as I stare at her solemnly.

"I'm so very sorry. I wish I could help but it seems to be too late. Goodbye." He says, and she looks confused, yet her eyes wide with fear.

"Okay, this is weird. Some type of dream. I'm going to shut my eyes, and you guys will be gone."

Before I can stop her, she squeezes her eyes shut, as The Doctor whispers a cold sentence.

"Other way around."

In a split second she disappears from the face of the earth, and I shake my head.

"That doesn't make sense. We were right here! We didn't blink. And there aren't any angels around here!"

He sighs, getting ready to explain.

"No, the angels have traveled into a different dimension were we can't see them but they can see us. Oh, this is bad."

"Hold up cowboy. So that means that they're no longer stone?"

"Unless seen by one another, exactly."

I gasp, the pieces all fitting together. "Which means if they want us as their next target-"

"all they have to do is give you a pretty stamp and you're it." The Doctor tells me, finishing my sentence.

"So how do we get them back to this dimension? I'd rather have weeping angels instead of silent killers."

He smiles. "Now that is what I like to hear. Are you sure we haven't met?"

I shake my head. "You'd be surprised."

As I stare at the floor, I hear a loud sound, and turn my head to see the girl that was taken a few seconds ago, with the word reached on her arm.

"Doctor..." I say, although it came out in a whisper as I felt the girl's cold scare trying to guilt me.

As if it was my fault.

"You have something on your eye." she states simply, and being the gullible person I am, I reach my right arm out to rub my left eye, about block the right eyes sight as well before I hear a yell.

"Are you that thick?!" I hear, and shake my head. What was i doing?! I slowly move my hand back down, focusing on the girl's shirt.

"Doctor?" I ask, "is she ghosting? Is that what's happening?"

"No." I hear him say, as he walks behind the girl, scanning her with his screwdriver. "Actually, the angels have taken over her body. Human form. The girl is gone. It's just an angel that's taken her body.And the angel seems to be locked on to you. It wants you. If I blink, doesn't matter. Just you. Oh, wait, what's this?" He says, his screwdriver pointed at her heart.

"Fascinating! The girl isn't completely gone. There's still a tiny bit left of her..." He trails off, as my eyes start to get watery.

"Doctor, I have to blink." I whisper, not loud enough for him to hear. It was as if the breath from my mouth would travel to my eyes, defeating me.

His eyes widen. "Oh my. This is bad. It seems the one part left of the girl is the pleading part. she can't speak although. Her voice is controlled by the angel. Wait, what's this?" He says, as he shovels his hand through his pocket, digging a wallet looking thing out.

The physic paper.

"Doctor." I whisper again, just a bit louder, as my whole body trembles.

"One second, Alona. It seems she can send messages. She says, in amazingly small print, 'Put your arm through me. I don't want to live like this. It's horrible. Do it, please Doctor, please. And the girl, Alona, the angles want something from her. I'm not sure what. They said sweet dreams. That the nightmares will come. Alona, just blink. You know you want too. Just do it. Save us.' Well then-" He says, then turning to look at my face, my eyes widened.

"Doctor... Put your hand through her." I tell him.

"But we don't know what it will do, and-" he starts to protest, and I shake my head, tears now starting to come out of my eyes.

"Do it!" I command, screaming. I was defeated. If The Doctor was going to be stubborn, then I would be dead. Simple as that.

I collapse to the floor, shutting my eyes. I couldn't hold it any longer.

"Well then." I hear, and look up to see the girl gone, The Doctor standing where she once was, his arm out stretched.

Suddenly, I hear a crash, and something appears behind him.

Or, someone.

"Doctor?" I ask as he faces me.

"Yes?"

I turn to look at the figure one last time before shaking my head with a smirk.

"Have you ever heard of a group called The Nightmares?"