Chapter Three

I sprint over to the shoe rack and snatch my converse, smashing them onto my feet, and twisting and turning to put on my jacket.

Before I leave, I remember my phone, and how I continuously forget it, so this time, I bring it, shoving it into my pocket.

I hear coughing and check the time.

6:41 AM

The bus was going to be coming any second. I couldn't miss the field trip, it was worth a huge amount of my grade. I think.

Sighing, I take one last look at the blue box, and grab my book bag, heading out the front door.

I see the yellow bus pull up to the street curb, and I run inside of it, saying hello to the driver as she smiles at me.

I walk to my assigned seat, and sit next to Mia, my best friend, AKA fan girl buddy.

"Hey!" She says in her happy british voice.

"MIA!" I screech at her, and she solutes.

"Yes Captain?"

I get ready to burst everything out to her, until I'm interrupted by an annoying howl, that can't possibly be human.

"HI EVA!"

I turn to face Jenny, and sigh.

Jenny was seriously so annoying it wasn't even funny. She would make these high pitched squeals every sentence someone makes. Especially if it isn't even funny. Plus, she'll stick to you like a lost puppy if you let her join your crew. I, sadly made that mistake.

"Hello Jenny." I manage to spit out, as Mia pinches me.

That's the thing about Mia. She saw the good in everyone.

Jenny starts to rant about some idiotic story about her life that she will laugh at, and act like she's from the hood, saying things like "me and my crew" and "my homies lit it up" when we all know she's talking about the new Pokémon game in code.

I realize that Jenny looks like a horse when she laughs, and apparently Mia does too, cause next thing you know, she's neighing every second she can and getting away with it.

The bus stops, and we walk into a brick building, titled 'Orison High', as a plump lady awaits at the front door.

"Hello children! So if you would like, we will give you some small time to get settled, but remember to bring your lunch. Go into your homeroom classes, and we will call you up from there."

Mia neighs one last time, walking into her class, as I walk into mine.

"What is that terrible scent!?" Miss Alonton, our substitute questions rudely as Reece, one of the plastics, walk into the room.

"Um, it's called 'Cherry Blossom.' If you want, I can hook you up with some, but it'll cut big off your paycheck." She retorts, smacking her gum inside her mouth, and sits beside her wind-up doll, Alaina.

"Yeah." She replies, and her voice makes me want to drop ten bricks on her.

"No thank you, Ms.Shanton. Thank you for the offer although. But with all due respect, I believe you sprayed one to many this time."

Reece's jaw hangs like a swing, as the plump lady walks into the room.

"Alright, everyone follow as I send you to the correct bus. Okay?"

The woman has some sort of aura that makes you think 'I am not gonna mess with her. No way.' So we all follow her to the bus in silence, and sit in our assigned seats that we were given.

I sit in seat 17, and see that it was empty.

I was going to be sitting by myself!

I walk over to the fabulous seat, and rest my head on the cold window, not minding the chill at all.

I look out of it, and see a huge pile of leaves, all centered, towering over the ground, and hear someone cough.

Turning, I see a petite girl with long, straight red hair, sitting beside me.

What was her name? She's in some of my classes, I think. She never talks though, and the teachers, even those horrible ones, never call on her. Like they know something we don't.

She turns her head and makes eye contact with me, as I realize I've been staring at her for a while, so I smile at her, as she returns a small grin.

I twist my head back, to stare at the dead pile of leaves, but instead, I don't see that.

I see a big blue box, disappearing as the bus starts to leave.