Chapter Four

"Alright, is everyone in their assigned groups?!" Mrs.Lankenster yells, towering over a group of boys.

Mumbles are heard over the group of students, but we all know the real answer. We ditched our assigned groups to be with our friends.

I stare at Mia, then at our side chick Ella, and realize our fake group has one problem.

There were only 3 people when there should be four.

I quickly search the room, looking for someone out of place but not a complete idiot.

Suddenly, I spot the girl on the bus, and call her over, asking her if she wants to be in our group.

She nods, and although I'm pretty sure most people couldn't see it, I saw a huge bunch of relief flood into her, and I smile, feeling warm inside.

"You will be asked questions the next day, so pay attention. Also-" Mrs.Lankenster howls at us, causing an echo in the museum. "This will be your tour guide." She points to a man wearing an 'Ãrt Mūseüm' uniform, fiddling with one of the statues, and aware look on his face.

"Yes, hello!" He says cheerfully,with a British accent, just like Mia's.

A few unenthusiastic hellos are tossed around, and the man stares at each and every single person, stopping for half a second when he sees me and the girl on the bus.

"Anyways, if you have any questions, direct them to Mr...." She starts, not knowing his name.

"You can call me The Doctor."

That's when my eyes turn so wide they might fall out, and my jaw drops to the floor.

"Doctor who?" Someone asks, and I smile.

"Just 'The Doctor'." He says, as I whisper.

"Why do you call yourself that?" A voice asks from the crowd.

"Probably because it makes him sound smarter than the rest of us." Mia interjects, and everyone laughs, as The Doctor smiles.

"If you wish to believe that. Anyways, feel free to roam. And, um, make sure to check out the statues they have here. Don't lay your eyes off them.

That's when the pieces connect together, and I stare at each of the statues, along with the other kids.

The Doctor + Statues In A Musuem + Hidden Hint= A bad day to have a field trip.

All the children scatter, as I continue to stare at one statue, crying next to his mother.

"Weeping Angels." I whisper.

"You okay?" Mia asks, and I come back to the real world.

"Yeah. Fine. I just have a question to ask 'The Doctor'."

Mia nods, and continues to stare at a statue, and as I start to walk to him, she stops me.

"They draw you in, you know?"

"What?" I ask.

"The statues. They just, make you question things. Weird, I know. I just have a creep up my spine about them."

I shrug, and continue to walk as I hear the girl on the bus whisper six words to Mia.

"Don't look them in the eye."