"How are your studies?" The old man speaks up, interrupting his son.

Taehyung's smile drops ever so slightly but he continues, "It's going well father, I've been excelling in all my classes."

The line is silent for a bit but then the old man speaks once again. "That's good to hear, son."

Taehyung beams at the praise, his heart feeling warm. This makes up for his horrible week. His father, for almost the first time in forever, praised him. He smiles widely as he speaks. "Thank you, father! I've been working very har-"

"But your studies aren't what we sent you there for."

His heart stops, anxiously awaiting his father's next words. 

"Your mother and I want to know, after spending a few weeks in this school have you finally stopped pretending to like boys?" 

Taehyung's throat goes dry. Pretending to like boys. And just like that, that inkling of hope he had extinguishes. It dies down and opens up the hopeless dark abyss that thrives within the boy's broken walls.  

"F-father," the boy calls out, voice ever so meek and fragile. "I-I was not pretending to like boys."

A scoff is heard from the other side. "Don't be silly Taehyung, you were only confused. You like girls and that's final." The man's voice holds so much authority and finality that Taehyung almost agrees. 

But he can't agree. His sexuality is the one thing he can't change. His parents can rip him apart, put a new face to his name, detach his weak libs and stitch them back on. But to force him to change his sexuality? To change who he will love? 

 He can't do that. So despite how authoritative and firm his father sounds, Taehyung decides to take a stand for himself. 

"Father, I'm not being silly. I don't like girls and I never will. I'm already 18 years old and should at least be able to make some of my own life choices, like who I love. So please, don't try to force me into being someone I'm not. I'm Kim Taehyung. Your gay son. Accept me for who I am, o-or just don't. Y-you can always disown me if you can't accept that." 

The line is silent for a while. Taehyung almost thinks his parents hung up on him but then that gravelly voice of his father resounds through his ears once again. 

"We won't disown you." Taehyung would have jumped in surprise if it wasn't for what the man says next. 

"That would be too kind of a punishment."

Taehyung's heartbeat accelerates, his whole body fearing the man's next words. 

"You will continue to attend this school but from this point on, you will have to pay for all your expenses. We will not provide you with any money what so ever. We will only pay for the school fee but everything else you will have to pay. It shouldn't be a big deal since you're so grown up now. Since your 18 and can make your own life choices. Make all the choices you want but we won't pay a single penny. Just know that you're a fucking disappointment and we regret ever calling you our son."

And with that, the line goes dead. 

Taehyung feels like he just ran headfirst into a brick wall. His head throbs painfully as he tries to accept his fate. 

Even the thought of paying for all his expenses is horrifying but to actually do it? With absolutely no source of income?! How is Taehyung supposed to survive?

The small boy turns around in his bed and puts his head in his hands. He tugs harshly on his blue strands of hair as he tries to think. He so lost in his depressing thoughts that he doesn't even notice the black pair of eyes staring at him curiously.