Chapter 13

Taehyung wakes up to streaks of golden hues brushing against his skin. He squints his eyes as his weary vision adjusts to the room. 

Suddenly, memories of last night flood into the boy's head, causing him to gasp and jolt up. No way. No way. No way. That did not happen. 

But surely enough, Taehyung knows that these soft bedsheets don't provide him with the same warmth and comfort that his own bed does. He knows that this isn't his bed. It's Jungkook's. 

Taehyung groans slightly, sitting up. He notices how the ravenette is nowhere in sight. The blue-head sighs to himself as he tries to brush off the foreboding feeling in his stomach. 

Taehyung tiredly gets up, cringing at the smell of sex and sweat that lingers on his body. He blushes slightly when he looks down at his naked figure and notices the array of hickeys marking his body. Taehyung shakes his head and sighs once again. 

What has he gotten himself into?

The boy slowly pulls off Jungkook's dirty bedsheets and drags them with him to the washing machine which is located in the bathroom. He places the sheets into the washer and then he gets into the shower. 

~

Taehyung quickly eats his breakfast, not forgetting to leave a plate of food on Jungkook's bedside table, before he rushes out of the room. 

He is already a few minutes late for his first class and his heart is pounding because he knows what he has first. Music. The boy hurriedly runs through the halls, several books clutched in his hands and his uniform sticking out from various places. 

In mere minutes he bursts into the music hall and his heart stops at the sight. Every single eye stares at him. A pair of sharp eyes look over at him menacingly, causing shivers to run down his spine. The grey-haired man steps forward, closer to Taehyung, his eyes never leaving the cowering boy. 

"Taehyung," the teacher, Mr Tay, starts lowly.

Taehyung looks down at his shoes, unable to hold eye contact with the piercing glare.

"Nice of you to join us," the man spits, walking even closer to the boy. Taehyung flinches when the man suddenly grabs his ear. "Maybe next time, you can join after the class has finished!"

Taehyung whimpers in pain as the teacher twists his ear. The small boy grabs his sore ear as soon as the teacher lets go, stumbling forward. His ear is red, replicating the colour of his cheeks that has flushed with humiliation. 

Mr Tay takes a deep breath, trying to calm down his bubbling anger. "Taehyung, you and Jungkook go to the piano room and practice your duet. I want this to be perfect."

Taehyung pauses, looking confused as ever. "D-duet? What duet?"

The teacher returns the boy's question with another spine-tingling glare. "Well, Taehyung," the man says, voice filled with annoyance. "If you had attended class on time, you would have known that I chose you and Jungkook to do the duet for Fire on Fire. You two will be finishing off our end of year assembly so I want this to be perfect. NOW GO."

Taehyung jumps back, startled by the teacher's yell. He nods frantically at the old man before rushing off to the music room, followed by his laid back roommate. 

As he rushes to the room, he can't help but fuss over this newfound information. Duet? With Jungkook? Why me, out of every single person in this class? What if he thinks my voice is bad? What if he laughs at me?

Taehyung shakes off his thoughts and looks up at the other boy.

"W-why did he choose us for the duet?" Taehyung asks as they enter the small room. Jungkook shrugs before walking over to the other end of the room, which was the furthest away from Taehyung.