Chapter 29

A/N:  Here is another chapter and I hope you enjoy it.

Detrick POV

With my head down and my mind focused on my textbooks and the material, I barely register Dee's voice as she chimes, "Shane and I are going out tonight to meet some of our friends at the bar. We shouldn't be out too late. If anything comes up, call us. Okay."

Without looking up from my books, I wave my hand to shoo them out and mumble, "Okay. Have fun."

Shane chuckles. "Well, I see how we rate. However, I'll give him some slack since I know that he has a big exam next week."

Yeah. A really big exam. I need to keep my grades up, and I'm not going to let anything distract me right now.

Well, I guess that I really don't need to go to this extreme. I am caught up with the rest of the class and my grades are good, but I want to make sure that I continue to do well.

After studying for about another hour, I sit up straight and stretch. Man, my body is stiff. Parts of my body ached that I didn't even know that it could hurt. I think I need a break.

I yawn and stretch my arms and legs again. This time, a snap, crackle, and pop noise fills the room. That confirms it. I have definitely been studying too long.

As I take a few steps, the numbness that had begun to seep through in my legs while I was studying begins to slowly go away. However, it is quickly followed by a sharp tingling sensation. Oh, I'm going to have to remember to not sit like that again. Ugh.

However, before I can walk too far and fully stretch my legs, someone knocks on the door.

Knock. Knock.

I glance at my watch and it is almost 9pm. I don't think that Dee and Shane have been out long enough to be trashed and having their friends bring them back. However, Tae and Tee would never show up this late without calling first, unless it was important, but I still think that they would call first.

I wonder who it is.

I go to the door. As soon as I open the door, a smile pops onto my face.

Dean smiles back at me and lifts a bag up. "I thought that you may be needing something to eat."

My smile balloons even wider and I slightly nod my head. Oh, is it getting hot in here? Dang it. It seems that every time that I'm with Dean lately, I keep feeling hot.

I step back and open the door wider.

Dean steps into the apartment and gently kisses my cheek as he steps past me. The temperature in the room suddenly shoots even higher. At the same time, my stomach begins to swirl and if I didn't know better, I would say that there is a swarm of butterflies in there too.

I take a deep breath. I have to calm down. He just got here, and I can't fall apart yet.

Dean glances back at me before he walks around the corner and into the kitchen. A light chuckle escapes from his mouth as his smile gets even wider. If I'm not mistaken, I also see a sparkle in his eyes.

As another wave of heat rushes through my body, I quickly tear my eyes off of Dean, and I shut the door.

Suddenly, I realize that this will be the first time since our weekend at my parents' house that we are going to be alone. Oh, no. What am I going to do? I have to remain calm.