"They heal like we do," Liam pointed out, tightening his grip on Hayden.

"She's not a real werewolf."

"Well, what if we turn her into one?" Liam suggested in exasperation. They were running out of options, and Liam didn't want to lose her.

Theo replied sarcastically, "Nice idea." He huffed, adding, "Except you and I can't do that."

"Scott can."

*^*^*^*^*^*

The sky looked like tar. Black, billowing and disgustingly stretched for miles. Heavy clouds blocked the stars and thunder cracked, echoing across the city.

Scott's clothes were already completely soaked from his ride to the animal clinic, the rain pouring down with a might roar. His skin felt like ice, but that didn't compare to how he felt when he saw Sierra and Stiles climb out of the jeep.

"Hey," Stiles greeted loudly to be heard over the storm. "Sorry we're late, I just had trouble starting the jeep again. The thing's barely holding on."

The two met him a few feet away from the front door, drenched in seconds.

"Where were you?" Scott questioned, almost accusatory as his eyes settled on Sierra. "You told me you were trying to find Hayden."

Sierra looked at him, puzzled. "I was trying to find Hayden," she replied, shivering in her coat. "But then Lydia found me and we were trying to get Parrish out of the police station. Stiles picked me up and then we came here when I got Theo's text about Hayden."

Stiles nodded in agreement, squinting to see Scott through the rain. "She's right. But neither of us could contact Malia. We haven't seen her since school ended. Is Hayden okay?"

Scott just stared at them. He wanted to ask them so many questions, demand the truth. But nothing came out.

"Scott?" Sierra called out to him, exchanging an uneasy glance with Stiles. The two hadn't really spoken since their abrupt conversation in the hallway, but they had pushed their feelings aside and focused on helping Hayden. However, now they felt like everything was about to be brought to the surface.

Scott remained quiet, but slowly pulled an object from his jacket.

The wrench.

Stiles froze at the sight of it, instantly thinking back to the night at the library. He had lost it in the scuffle, when Donovan pulled him through the bookshelf. But now, Scott held it out with a heartbroken expression on his face.

"Where did you get that?" Stiles asked, lowering his voice.

"This is yours?"

Scott wanted to cry. Everything Theo said was true.

Sierra stared in astonishment, watching Stiles reluctantly take the wrench back from Scott. He knew.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Scott asked next, too scared to even move.

Stiles cast his gaze to the ground, guilt washing over him like the rain rolling down his skin. "I was going to."

Scott shook his head; that answer wasn't enough. "Why didn't you tell me when it happened?"

"I couldn't."

"But you told her?" Scott choked out, pointing to Sierra who couldn't even look him in the eye. "You told Sierra?"

"Scott," Stiles's voice got caught in his throat. "Scott, you know I can't lie to her."

Scott cried out, "So you decided to lie to me? How is that any better?!"