《Chapter 4》

"Still nothing, I've written words down but they're just random thoughts.

Hell, I even wrote down a dream or two I've had, recently," parts of which I remembered anyway, she admitted in her mind.

"At least somethings' coming to you. Don't worry you'll find that inspiration soon but, in the meantime, I was thinking, I can set you up for a date with this really smoking hot guy that comes by th-"

Heidi spoke fast, but she didn't even let her finish that sentence.

"No, not this again. I told you this is not an article about the guys you date in your twenties, type of thing", Mina begged with her eyes as she took off he sunshades and sat up straight on the overstuffed balcony chair.

"But this could be just what you need to unblock your brain. He could be the love of your life, did'ya ever think about that Mina?"
She argued back, then sipped her drink slyly.

Mina laughed and shoved her shoulder in a playful manner. "I think all those romantic comedies have got you brainwashed because you are exaggerating too much, girlie"

"Besides, I already told him where you work.."

"Heidi!" Mina looked at her full of disapproval, no shock there, this is something she would do. "How could you do that without my consent? That stranger could be some crazy man who skins animals for fun!"

"Oh god no! He's a respectable entrepreneur. You and your vivid imagination I swear..weirdo."

Mina crossed her arms over her chest and frowned in an unladylike manner. "Says you.."

The blind date, or what she called the tortuous set up by Heidi, was a complete disaster.

"First he is not as cute as you said he is and did you know he is recently divorced but still loves his ex-wife?!"

"No. Way!"

"Yes, and I had to be the person to listen to him halfway crying about how their marriage failed to satisfy them both. Don't even ask me why I felt compelled to listen to the poor sap even if I pitied him and couldn't empathize. Though I wanted to smash a plate over my head to stop the murderous thoughts of killing you for setting up the whole ordeal, to begin with!"

She was lucky that finding good wholesome friends were scarce these days. Mina rubbed her temple with one hand and proceeded to hold the phone with her left shoulder as she walked from one end of the bakery to the other. She was helping her father bake some fudge brownies for an event in the park sometime this week.

"Aw poor guy, but I'm so sorry! Really sorry." Heidi apologized over the phone but there was a trace of humor to her voice as she said it you could tell she was holding in laughter.

"Yeah, uh-huh." Mina hanged up on her, pocketing her phone.

"Yes, we are going and that includes you and me and Kalam", Heidi responded to Mina when she finished applying her lip gloss

"But it's so late already, why did you tell her we would meet her at a club anyway?", Mina groaned for the second time tonight about this girl's night out that Heidi had accepted on both of their behalf from Kalam, one of Heidi's friends from her previous job.

"What do you mean 'why?' She told me she had an in with a bartender at club Kraken like I'd pass on the chance to meet an upper-class hottie", Heidi explained once more asking rhetorically and gesturing with her fingers like it wasn't obvious the club was known for its wealthy individuals who frequented the place.

Mina's face continued to look unimpressed as she stood from Heidi's mattress and handed her the slick black clutch that completed Heidi's outfit. "Fine, but I'm not going to wear the skirt."

"You're a stubborn little Mina, aren't you?" Heidi pokes her best friend on the cheek and smiles wide at her.

"You still owe me one!" Mina shouted over her shoulder as she entered her own apartment to get dressed for tonight's festivities.

Kalam kept to her word. It only took her five words to get them past the front door. All she said was "Tell Blaine I'm here, Hun", and while the bouncer inspected her I.D a different guy went inside and came back; the golden rope was pulled back and the front doors were held open for the young women. The music was deafening at first but as they made their way further inside it dulled a bit until they reached the wide-ranged neon almost floating bar table with illuminated bottles above shelves that looked endless.

"Woah", said Mina mimicking Heidi's stunned facial expression. They were kind of amazed by the place; Kraken wasn't the average person's bar or Saturday night club hangout.

"Your drinks ladies, on boss man. Enjoy!"

They gave their thanks and helped themselves to the first round of free drinks happily. As the night stretched into the wee hours of a new day the girls regrouped at the table they deemed theirs. Kalam came down from the VIP section doing only she knows what, Heidi stepped away from the bar where she obtained multiple free drinks tonight and Mina slowed her pace from the high intensity of the dance floor but not without having gained the attention of a few men in which she danced with earlier.

She requested water bottles from the bar first before joining the conversation.

"Let's do shots!" Kalam exclaimed with a confident smirk on her face right after Mina urged them to drink water. After two rounds the girls were well on their way to being wasted, it was safe to say the night was a success.

"Hey beautiful, out of you three you're the one I'd want to hear screaming my name tonight."

Mina turned her head to stare at the guy who just threw that obscene pickup line into her ear. She placed her hand over her nose as the smell of intoxication came from the guy miles off. "Please, get the f*** away from me."

"Whaas the matter baby? I just-" He stopped to get closer and hiccuped the rest of his compliment. "want some head, an-and you-"

"Get off of me!" Mina pushed at the guy that barely knew the meaning of personal space but his buff exterior only moved a few centimeters. That's when the yelling started, and the girls tried pulling the guy away from her to no avail, his anger showed his frustration and he swung his arms around to loosen their tugging. Heidi and Kalam immediately fell harshly on their backs. Mina gasped and tried to come to their aid but the drunk man blocked her. All of a sudden there was an arm swinging at the drunk man's face, only not stopping there, he was pushed away and to a couple of guys surrounding them. Mina ran clumsily to her friends to make sure they were okay. Heidi had an ache on her bottom but was overall fine. The girls were interrupted by the ruckus of three men and the drunk guy being dragged off by security. The girls followed with the exception of Kalam who stayed inside with her bartender friend, who seemed too eager about her safety.

"A**holes, y-you'll regret this, fu**!"

The drunk guy screamed dramatically unsteadily standing and made his way across the street mumbling cuss words, not so silently.