14.

Jungkook pov

I fell asleep quickly, knowing we were safe for even a night made everything seem better. When I woke up Taehyungs eyes were already open as he played with my hair.

"Morning beautiful"

I smiled at him,

"Morning"

And in that moment everything felt different. It felt like we were in a perfect future. A place where we didn't have to worry

"What are you thinking about?"

"What our future might be like."

Taehyung smiled, a small blush on his cheeks.

"Can you tell me about it?"

I nodded,

"I think we'd live in a house like this one, not in the city but not super isolated. We'd be married and wouldn't have to worry about anything but where we'll go for date night. We'll have two kids that we adopted from foster care, we'd take the ones that nobody wanted and we'd make them feel special and loved. And we'd wake up with them crawling into our bed and waking up the dog. It might be messy but it would be perfect and we'd be happy."

Taehyung kissed the top of my head.

"Then that's what our future will be. No matter what we'll have that one day."

We heard a knock on the door.

"Boys! Wake up! Jin hyung made breakfast!"

I turned to Taehyung, kissing him quickly before slipping out of the bed,

"Just a minute! We've gotta change!"

It didn't take long, we never had to leave without knowing so we just threw on track pants and hoodies before heading downstairs. There was a large spread on the table and a cake in the kitchen.

"what's going on?"

"Its joonies birthday! Did you even read the calendar I put up?"

"Sorry hyung."

Namjoon walked into the dining room smiling,

"took you guys long enough. Chim was calling from downstairs for like 15 minutes"

Jimin shot a glare in our direction.

"Sorry hyungs..."

Jin smiled,

"well they're up now so everyone sit down and eat!"

Everyone sat in their usual spots. Jin and Namjoon were heads of the table, Down the left side It went Seo, Winwin, Jimin and Jeahyun and Taeyong. On the Right side it was Yoongi, Hoseok, Taehyung then me. And for once everything seemed calm, like what we were doing was right, like it was normal Jin was eating and scolding Yoongi everytime he'd start to doze off, Hoseok was trying to keep Yoongi awake with his loud jokes, Taehyung was laughing with Hoseok, making sure his hand never left mine, Namjoon was eating his food and complimenting Jins cooking, Seo was smiling and  telling Jin stories, Winwin and Jimin were giggling and goofing around and Jaehyun and Taeyong were keeping their hands all over each other and were clearly interrupted before coming out of their room. I wished that this would last forever.

"Present time!!"

Jin smiled, passing down a present to Namjoon. Hoseok sent down a card from him and Yoongi, and so did Jimin. Namjoon opened the cards first, smiling as he thanked them. When he opened the box from Jin, I couldn't really tell what it was, but the smile on his face and his eyes showed everything. He ran to Jin, hugging him tightly.

"I can't believe you remembered! Thank you Seokjinnie hyung!"

"What is it Joon?"

His face turned red,

"Jinnie got me stuff for composing music!"

Jin smiled,

"Of course I remembered, you only told me about how much you wanted it for years."

When everyone finished eating we spent the day watching tv together and ate our dinner outside. When it hit 9 everyone was ready to sleep, so we went inside and all pulled out sleeping bags to sleep in the living room and dining room. Namjoon got the couch and Jin got the air mattress. Once everyone was settled snores started to fill the room as I felt myself drift off.

×

My eyes fluttered open to reveal darkness around me. I heard the snap of a whip, my head turning in the direction of the sound. A tall faceless man was whipping Taehyungs back as he let out loud screams. I ran, my legs going numb but Taehyung was just getting further away. All around me I saw my friends going through the  same torture from the same man. I collapsed onto the ground, letting out a loud scream and covering my ears. Then it all went silent and everything around me fell away. I stood up, it felt like I was being pulled forward, forced to go somewhere. I heard the ground beneath me crack as I walked, like I was walking on ice in the spring. I kept walking, refusing to look down until I heard something beneath my feet. Everything fell away as water surrounded me and filled my lungs. My throat burned and my body felt like it was made of ice. When my back hit solid ground it felt like I was cracking until an arm pulled me out of the water.

×

I sat up, trying to catch my breath.

"Jungkook! Jungkook!"

As the world around me fell into place my ears rang.

"Jungkook. Jin is missing."

Yikeydoodledee
I have the rest of the book planned out. I'm either gonna do three or four long chapters or seven regular length chapters.

~Zoey❤️