Chapter 9: A New Power and the Talent Show

Kays POV

I woke up with Yuffie shaking me. It had been several days since I had that dream with Noctis. I didn't want to to tell him what I saw. Though I saw he has been looking at me with concern, because every time I saw him I felt my tears wiled up and walk off. Every night I've been having that nightmare, and waking up with some tears in my eyes. I didn't want to tell my roommates. Since I didn't know how to use my new power yet. 

"Kay! What is wrong? Why are you crying?" Ven asked as he saw me walking away from Noctis. Ventas  or Ven was a twin brother of Roxas. Though he had more of a tint of green in his eyes. "I'm fine Ven, just something in my eye." I said wiping the tears out of my eye."That's what you said yesterday and the day before. The dust here isn't that bad. Come, I'll take you out for ice cream to put a smile on that pretty face." Ven said as he held out his hand. I nodded and softly smiled as I took his hand.  

I met Ven during one of my Training classes. We partnered up since his friend Terra and Aqua were fighting each other. He showed me his weapons were two key blades. "I also control light and sometimes dark powers." Ven said as we walked away from the others. I pulled out my weapon which I found out turned out to be a katana my mother had own but lost to Laguna. He sent it to my dorm a couple days later. 

"That's a cool katana, its blue like ice. Where did you get that from?" Ven asked me after he beat me but I won in the last battle. 

"It was my late mother's, she lost it to a friend. The friend sent it to me to use. I guess the sword helps me amplify my ice powers more. " I said looking at the blade. The blade itself was long with a light blue hue and the hilt had antique designs on it. "You're an ophan? I'm sorry Kay I didn't know." Ven said as he looked at me with sad eyes. 

I waved him off and told him that it was okay. "I grew up with Blondie's family. I consider her as a sister and her parents my parents." I said as I pointed to Blondie who was learning attacks from Zell who also had lightning powers. Ven looked and nod. "Kay if you know how the holidays are cominging up. if you want, you and Blondie can come over to have thanksgiving dinner with me and my family. I'll ask Tifa and Cloud if its okay." Ven said with a smile. 

"I would be honored to have dinner with you and your family. Though I think they are going to send us home to Earth." I said as I worked on my fire which turned a light blue hue. "Wow, I didn't know you could do that Kay." Leon said as he came over to where me and Ven were sitting. 

"Yeah I just noticed that I can do a cool fire which combines my ice and fire techniques together." I said with a smile on my face. "Good, once you learn control over you can be sent on missions to help keep back the Heartless and other creatures." Leon said. I nodded as I remember one of the lessons going over what a Heartless was.  

I waved good bye to Ven as I headed to my dorm to change out of my uniform. I saw something laying on my bed. I saw it was beautiful handwriting and it was addressed to me. I saw the other girls got invites as well. I looked on the back to seel Noctis's family crest. I releaized what it was and I quickly opened it to see beautiful paper came out with dark blue printed ink. It was an inventation to Cid Raines party. I was soo happy that I got it. I smiled at Namine who came in to the room. 

"Ohhh Kay you finally gotten your inventation! Have you gone shopping for a dress to wear?" Namine asked me. I still had the dress from Noctis's dinner party but I knew I should go get another dress. "Not yet, but I may go get another one after work." I said getting on my black uniform for work.  My uniform was a tight black tank top with a skirt that had shorts under neath. Namine nodded and smiled as she saw her inventation. "Looks like everyone got one!" Namine said as she looked over at the other girls. "Yeah, I figured he probably didn't want me to feel awkward." I said as I finished putting my hair in a ponytail. Namine nodded and smiled. as she got to work on some homework.