The entry way is dim lighted even with the huge glass windows peeping in between slivers of bare walls. No wooden panelling or any covering of the sort just true raw stone which seems to be carved in a flurry of images and vivid depictions. The sun going down can be seen through the windows which explains the lack of light along with the frigid chill descending down the empty long hallway that greets us. Walking through it, none of us says a word nor even attempting to use the mind link as we follow the portly old man. Everyone left behind in the hall, even Ron.

I believe we're all in shock at the turn of events. The true purpose for what we came for flying straight out of my mind. I feel incredibly guilty for that undoubtedly but the happenings of just a few minutes ago reverberates through my being like a gong being struck in preparation for a ceremonial function.

The hall ends soon enough and we enter into a foyer of sorts with an elegant staircase starting in the centre and travelling up to both sides of the room above us. The foyer decorated with immaculate ornaments and towering statues of porcelain figures holding up lighted candles that cast shadows over every object in the room. The flame billowing and gleaming enough to do a good enough task of encasing the area in a warm glow.

"Just a little further." Mutters the man leading our delegation. He seems to have a way about him, both intrigued yet also putting up a farce of being utterly bored with taking us to and fro places as if he has better things to do. Taut rigid shoulders and an even tighter rigid grip on the bannister as we ascend the stairs. The area branches off into further rooms which we are lead to. The man opens the door and steps to the side, motioning for us to enter. They all enter before me and just as I'm about to pass through the threshold, a hand is placed to bar my way as everyone turns to the Minister in alarm.

"The King will want to talk to her in private." That's enough to cause the frayed nerves to erupt once more as my eyes connect with that of Marcus in the room who shakes his head.

Go. You'll be safe. Don't worry. We'll wait here for you.

The words are meant to be comforting but they're anything but considering I'll have to meet the man alone. The mere thought of anything like that happening causing my hands to shake once more. I'd like to just jump into my bed back home and pull the comforter up over my head so that I can hide in a cocoon of warmth and my own personal safety.

Everything about this trip is pulling me out of my comfort zone and yanking me- quite literally- into a world of the unknown.

I follow the man a little ways down the corridor till we reach a room right at the end, he doesn't make a move to enter the door and with a loud sigh from me, I turn the door handle and step over the threshold and into the room. The room itself was fit for a Royal- no pun intended- with every object more expensive than the next. It looked to be a sitting room with crème sofa's strewn about and a light golden toned coffee table laying in between. A large rug lays strewn underneath it all and a raging fireplace is situated besides it with various figurines stack on the mantle just above it.

I turn back to see the door is closed and instead of making a run for it like every fibre of my being wishes for me to do so, I stand my ground and instead focus my gaze on the windows opposite of the wall to where I stand. Moving closer to them, I take in the manicured gardens with the idillic hedges filled to the brim with flowers, some in their beds while others formed into shapes and patterns in flower pots. Fountains situated in the middle with water trickling out into streams from the spouts and gliding towards the rest to shoot out of the top in one big burst.

"Mate."

The word resounding through the room makes me jump in my spot and my hand clenching into a fist as I only now notice the presence of an intimidating person. Gulping, I brace myself as I turn around. Not wanting to disrespect the King in front of me. The King who claims I'm his mate.