Chapter 48

Everyone were sitting in college canteen and gossiping when they heard Avni's voice. All of them looks up and passed her beautiful smile.

Juhi : hey Avni! What took you so long?

Avni grabbing her seat beside suhneria and taking sip of water looks at Juhi.

Avni : lesson got stretched. What are you guys doing here? Don't you all have lesson?

Ali : our teacher is absent!

Avni nodded her head and roams her eyes around the table to find one person but didn't  find the person who she is looking. This was noticed by hey friends who gave teasing look to each other.

Vidyut : avni why are you looking around?

Avni got startled hearing vidyut and bowed her head down immediately. She then composing herself looks up again at vidyut.

Avni : nowhere but where is Neil? I mean he is not with you guys?

Tara: oh Neil! You're looking for Neil.. actually Neil...

Avni : where is he?

Riya : guys stop twisting words. Actually avni  you aware of Neil joining recently to basketball team.. right..

Avni nodded her head as Neil told her before he gave his name to the coach.

Juhi: Neil is not with us because he is busy practicing basketball game with his team. They are having one match next week to which they are really busy.

Avni : oh! I didn't knew about the match.. doesn't Neil come for break?

Ali : he does but that time we all have lesson.

Avni : hmm!

Avni ( mind) he doesn't have time for me anymore.... wait up avni why did you say he doesn't have time for you? Who is he to you?

Avni comes out her thoughts as she heard sitara yelling Neil's name. Avni turned her face backwards and saw Neil coming while wiping his sweat.. she smiled lightly seeing him.

Neil : hey guys!

All : hey Neil!

Ali : how you come you got break now?

Neil : the coach had to leave early for some work but there is another practice at evening.

Juhi : practice at evening.. does that mean you won't come to my house to gather up?

Neil : unfortunately no . I'm sorry Juhi but I really can't make it. I'm responsible for my team. Being the captain of the team I can't miss any practice match.. sorry!

Juhi : it's okay Neil! I understand!

Neil smiles and sat beside avni and passed her smile but she ignored and continued sipping her drink. Neil got confuse with her behaviour but shrugged off thinking everyone is here that why she doesn't want to talk to him.

Avni : guys I should leave now... my next lesson will start soon.

Neil : avni yaar can't you bunk it... please.. spend time with us..

Avni : I'm going guys... bye!

Avni grabbing her bag left leaving everyone confuse and in thoughts too.

Neil : what happened to her? She didn't even talk to me?

Tara : she looks angry with you Neil... the way she stormed out from canteen anyone can tell she is pissed at you...

Neil : but what have I done to make her piss at me? I just came..

Juhi :  Neil you're not getting what Tara means.. she means avni is angry with you because you don't talk to her or spend any time with her. .. she is occupied with her lesson while you are with basketball game.. you both get break different times..