Daddy's little girl

The dawning in the hallway of the building makes you run half in the dark even during the day. Since Jay was forced on leave by Voight, he first spent his morning in the gym, went out to lunch with Hailey, and returned home. But now he stopped. A small figure was sitting in front of his apartment door. He tried to identify it, but the poor light conditions made it impossible.

"Hey Dad," greeted the familiar sad voice.

"Charlie?" Stunned, he looked at her. Her face was covered with tears.

"Hey, what's going on?" He asked, crouching in front of her. Infinite questions circled in his head, but he was sure that Charlie had good reasons to come to Chicago.

"May I no longer visit my daddy?" She asked, trying to smile despite her sadness.

"Of course you can visit your daddy and you know what, I think he still has hot chocolate and marshmallows in the kitchen."

"Sounds good." Slowly she followed her father figure. Charlie made herself comfortable on the couch. Jay came back with two cups of hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows.

"Would you like to tell me what's going on?" He asked gently as he handed her the cup and sat down next to her.

"I just missed Chicago." She smiled slightly, "Well maybe I missed you too." She leaned slightly against his shoulder. Jay raised an eyebrow in surprise. She wouldn't rush to Chicago for such reasons, even if he's flattered.

"All right. I don't like my mom and her family. They're all crappy. You, Hailey, Uncle Will, the Intelligence - you are my real family!"

"What happened between you and your mom?" Jay asked interested.

"She abandoned me 12 years ago!"

"I know, but something made you very, very angry."

"She has a daughter and she is a year and a half younger than me! She gives me away, but she keeps this bitch! Oh and I was just a one night stand accident."

speechless he looked into her brown eyes. He didn't know what to answer. He put his arm around her and hugged her lightly. So that was why Charlie was abandoned 12 years ago. "For her it was maybe just an accident, but not for me. I'm so happy that I found you back then. You are my daughter. No matter what the DNA says, no matter what others say. You are my little girl,"

"Actually, I was hoping you could find my birth father," said Charlie.

"What?" Jay asked shocked. He had no problem locating Charlie's mom. But to find her father, who takes his place? No way. Even if he could, he would never want to find him.

"Don't worry dad. DNA doesn't matter to me anymore. Besides, I have you! I felt so lonely in Seattle. I realized that you are my family and that I am happiest here in Chicago. And to be honest, I come after you much more than after Amanda Jackson, right?"

"Of course you're coming after me," Jay winked, "I raised you."

At the same time, Hailey returned from work and was very surprised how Charlie got to Chicago. However, she was very happy.

"Hailey!" Charlie rejoiced and hugged her:

"I missed you, Cece," Hailey whispered. The three of them sat together. Charlie explained the events and repeatedly emphasized how stuffy and stupid her biological family was.

"I'm sorry, Cece," said Hailey, "I actually thought your mom was very loving. At least I hoped it was exactly what you imagined."

"Maybe she doesn't," she shrugged, "But you!"