41; She Don't Love Me

Chapter 41

"I think I know she don't love me, that's why I fuck her right."

(Raine's POV)

"I have a couple hundred shipments coming from the port this Thursday which I cannot dismantle because of my contractual obligations," Joaquin says, getting into general statistics of his arrangement with Ruiz which he has been going on about for the past thirty minutes. Apollo pays close attention to every word he says, taking notes as well as offering the man more appealing deals to which he has said no to repeatedly.

"If you want that shipment next month to Key West, we are not going to allow you to accept this one," Apollo tells him carefully, his tone relatively hostile. Although it's clear that Joaquin is a jackpot for these dealers, Apollo is not kissing his ass. After all, it's very rare that Apollo lets a man go that doesn't agree with him.

"Ruiz will sense a pattern," Joaquin says as I lean into the table, making sure my necklace can record him clearly. "If he finds out I'm conducting business with you, then-"

"He won't find out," Apollo assures him which makes me take a sip of the scotch in front of me. I'm sure every word that is being spoken at this table is being overheard by Moon and her team. I've had to get myself really drunk to convince myself that I'm not indefinitely leading this man to his death, but when I look over to Apollo, I seem to dismiss my anxiety.

"If I'm doing this, you will need to somehow delay that Thursday shipment otherwise I will be selling myself out," the man says, twisting his empty glass of scotch nervously. Apollo sits back in his seat as he tilts his head at the man, crossing his arms over his chest. Although he's relatively patient, it's clear he does not take orders from anyone other than Ramone.

"You got men working for you at every port in the states," Apollo says to him, his voice low and threatening. "Tell them to do your bidding. As far as I'm concerned, we got ourselves a deal."

Even though I know it will do me no good, I examine him carefully, watching as he taps his finger against his bicep, his ring coated hands threatening to any who looks at him. Biting my lip, I force myself to take another sip of whatever I'm drinking, finding it exceptionally hard not to throw my morals away at this moment.

Joaquin clenches his jaw, leaning forward. He has not paid a single amount of attention to me for even a moment, clearly not taking me seriously since I look exactly like the person he's hiding from. I have to say, there are no perks to sharing a face with an infamous drug lord.

"I will speak to my men about something," he speaks so quietly that I have to lean in farther. He looks over at me for a brief moment before turning back to Apollo. "I need the shipment by the first of next month and you will get access to all of my routes."

Apollo nods, smirking as he claims the victory that is possibly very short-lived. The last drink I finished has thankfully vanished the last ounce of remorse I could have felt. So I watch in awe as Apollo and Joaquin stand up, shaking hands briefly at their now finished deal. Apollo tells him that he will be reaching out to him within the next twenty-four hours, and Joaquin tries to seem convinced that he's making the right decision.

The large mob of security walks the man out, leaving only Apollo and I along with a handful of guards stationed discreetly around the bar. When he turns around to look at me, he has a cocky smirk balanced on his lips.

"Like candy from a fucking baby, I tell you."

Smiling, I stand up off my chair, running a hand over my dress. "You do have a way with words."