Ch 18 - Crumble

Rel – What's happening people. Omega really allowed his strengths to come alive here. He sent me this and updated his Levy AND Kurumi story today. 2020 and another apprentice of mine is on a role with sweet content. Enough from me. Omega has the floor. See ya.

~~~~~

Hello everyone, this is Omega. If you know my writing style, you know one of my many comfort zones is military/spec ops. And what better time, then a sting. Let's begin.

------------------------------------------------
"Sargent Origami to command, Ranger has been located, repeating, Ranger has been located. Scanner ID is confirmed."

"Solid copy. Allied forces are en-route to your location. Keep your distance."

"Copy."

"Attention all units, Babel, Babel, Babel."

"Buzzsaw 1 confirms, Babel. Moving in on target."

You couldn't help but have a sinking feeling in my stomach right after Origami walked passed the corner away from us. Something felt wrong. It was gnawing at you, making cold sweat drip down your forehead. A nauseous feeling dripped into your stomach. Trying your best to shake it off, but it just wouldn't go away. Basically turned into a vampire, not wanting to look at bright light.

"Darling is something wrong...? You feel sick don't you?"

"H-how can you tell..." I said through heavy breathing.

"Honey I may be sealed, but I can sense your emotions since our hearts are one. You're having an anxiety attack."

< She's right. > Rena came forth on the radio. < Your heartrate is well over 100BPM, and your brain activity has spiked. What's bothering you? >

"It's Origami. When she left us, just this...this sinking disgusting feeling was in my stomach. Like something bad was about to happen..."

It was at that exact moment you wished you kept that mouth shut. The lights flickered over and over until the power went down. People stared at the lights, wondering what was going on, as it was still light out despite being the evening at 5, so the store couldn't close yet. It didn't close until 8. That was when the spacial quake alarm blared, TV screens and the emergency lights came on. The screen displayed the warning. People panicked as the PA instructed everyone to go to a shelter. I however stayed quiet and sitting.

< Our scanners show no spacial quake conditions. And no emotional fluctuation in Rose. It's a false alarm. But, I can't seem to turn it off. The code matches what the AST and DEM use. I think we're in the middle of an assassination attempt (FN)! > Rena said, she rarely if ever panicked. So this was clearly a huge deal.

"Do you have visual on Rose and Miku?" You asked.

< Yes I see them. Go down the hall and take a right. Then head up the elevator. I'll access it for you. Once you're on the second floor hang a left and they'll be right on top of you. > I got up, still dizzy and sickly. I scratched my arm to find a metal piece. A dart. It took my brain a second to realize Origami sedated me.

"Oh fuck off!" I shouted as I threw the dart away.

< FN? > Rena asked.

"Origami got me with some kind of sedation dart. That would explain my gross feeling..." Right as I got the sentence out I dropped to one knee, feeling my heartbeat in my head. My face going numb and my eyes starting to hurt. My legs ached trying to keep me standing. I crawled to a garbage can finally throwing up. Some relief in this situation at least. My vision went blurry as I now crashed on the cold tile floor. It was oddly comfortable.
Through the radio I could faintly hear Kotori's panicked voice.

< Miku guard Rose! Someone get down there and get (FN) an antidote! We can't do this without him!!"

"Darling!!!"
------------------
My eyes opened to see Miku and Rose in their astral dresses, protecting me from a series of black figures. Gathering all my strength I rolled over, clawing at the tile floor pulling myself away with all my might. Just as I was about to reach a bench and climb up for leverage, Shido's sister Mana appeared stomping on my hand, effectively feeling a pop. Sharp pain shot through it as I felt a strong throb and a burn. Followed by a kick to the face, putting me back on my back. I could feel blood trickling down my nose. I felt it, it was bent the other way. Mana literally just broke my nose and hand.
Through the pain I heard a blast, Rose fired her gun knocking Mana away. And Miku, instead of a note, she screamed like a banshee, throwing her through a wall and into a china shop. Miku was red in the face, tears flowing down. You could feel the rage radiating off of her.

I could hear Kotori scream. "Hurry up and get that medicine!! Miku's emotions are all over the place!! She's going to go inverse!!"
The ground shook as a crator formed beneath us. Items, broken glass, and bodies floated into the air. Miku was the source. With her fists clenched, and clothes ruined from a previous skirmish she sobbed.

"W-we were supposed to have fun today. We were supposed to have fun today...WE WERE SUPPOSED TO HAVE FUN TODAY! RIGHT?!"
She let out an ear drum shattering scream, breaking glass, displays, ripping siding off walls, and tearing apart entire stores. The bodies she was carrying with her magic turned to ashes. And the ground was smoldering with heat. She let out a repulse blast that obliterated anything she saw as an enemy. Even Ranger's bulletproof thick cloak was ripped up and torn. Her mask cracked and seriously damaged. The sprinkler system was destroyed so not even that could go off.

As I reached what was left of the bench, a mangled smoking mess. I got to my knees and leaned against the crumpled bench on what felt like stable ground. The blast was so powerful the entire section of the mall was destroyed. What I looked at was indeed Miku. But twisted, angry and on the verge of mass murder. Her hair was no longer violet, instead black as night, her skin pale as a ghost, and her pupils where in spirals like hypnosis. Her clothes ripped and tattered. Lightning climbed up and down her arms and legs. As she walked towards me, her now bare feet left flaming footprints in their wake. Right before she could reach me. That's when I passed out.

~~~~~

Rel - Damn. I got a lot to debate about this one with you man. You really put this into play. 

Omega - Nice!

Rel - Yeah, nailed it.