Ch 16 - Behind The Mask

Omega - Hey Rel you ready to show who Ranger really is?

Rel - Oh yeah. You working on that next assignment?

Omega - Yes I am.

Both - Enjoy.

~~~~~

Ranger reached back to his mask and pulled back on the mask. A sigh of relief since the air was much more pleasant. Ranger pulled it off and turned around. You and Miku eye this icy blue hair down to the back of the neck. Then turning around. Red eyes. Red as blood with a worried expression. Sure enough your cousin was wrong. This was...

"You're a girl?" You asked.

"Ya." She nodded. "My name is Rose."

Miku smiled. "Darling you were right. Look at you. So adorable. Do you have anyone else around."

"Nein." She frowned.

You try to get a better grasp on this. "So you were a girl after all. And you have an interest in military stuff?"

"I like tanks. Then I dress up so I can look strong." Replied Rose.

"And you are so strong. You move very well. How do you do it?"

"My sense of sound. I can't see very well."

It adds up because of the way she's flinching. Though Miku has an idea. "Well let's try something." Miku went into her purse and pulled out her glasses. Unfolding them and putting them on Rose's face. "How's that?"

Rose held out her hand and flipped it back and forth. "Wow... I can see." She smiled. "Thank you. Danke dir." She chimed.

"So my boyfriend and I will help you with those women in suits." Assured Miku.

"Boy...friend?" Asked Rose nervously.

"Well... Miku, can we just invite her over your place and I'll get changed?" This might be a tad awkward in the middle of a park. This wasn't no movie. Changing genders via appearance in public is just so awkward.

"You want to get out of here and come to my place Rose? Somewhere better for everyone."

Rose nodded. "Okay."

~~~~~

It got weird when you got to Miku's apartment. Thankfully Kotori sent someone there to drop off some clothes. Just so you can get out of the skirt and the whole girl getup. Which Rose was going to see as a shock really. You were in the bathroom folding Sarah's clothes and getting into a your regular attire. It was a pain because you had to get all the makeup off and then get rid of the female smell. You smelled like Miku. Not a bad thing, but outside cuddling it just isn't the play.

Miku was on the couch sitting next to Rose. Her new guest put her book down and was having a box of apple juice. Entertaining the guest as you were freshening up. Again... "So Rose what's your favorite part of your war history book you're reading?"

"Tanks. Tanks are lovely."

"The size?"

"Nein. The firepower."

"Don't you hate the smell of gunpowder?"

"I think I'm used to it. But it's out of fear. Before I put on these glasses I can't see well."

Miku started to piece things together and level with her. "So when you were shooting from all angles was that because you couldn't see?"

"Yes." She nodded.

You came out and sat next to Miku. "Hey there Rose. I'm (FN)."

Rose was surprised. "Why were you, dressed up as a girl?"

"Well honestly Rose, my cousin thought you were a boy under the mask. Your strength part of it too. I saw you when the AST were after you and you fled away."

"I notice your scent from last night. Were you in the rubble?" Asked Rose.

"Wow. You're good. We were really impressed by your skills. Truly we were. We thought a girl who was more gentle would be better to talk to. And they, you know..." You blushed.

"My boyfriend dresses good in drag. Hehe. Sarah is cute. He has the legs for it." Miku giggled.

"Don't enjoy it, but work is work." You sighed.

Rose wanted to know what was going on. She didn't know the bigger picture. She didn't know who the AST were or better yet even DEM. The little one was full of questions too. "So those women in jetpacks. Who are they? What did I do that they are after me? Am I bad?" She flinched. Rose almost in a sense reminds you a little of Yoshino. A little shy but on the outside cute yet strong. 

"You're a spirit. Just like me." Miku went over to her and gave her a hug. "(FN) over here sealed my powers enough to where I don't cause any spacial quakes. Those Earth rumbling noises that set those alarms off. There is a few of us. You will get along with them just fine."

"They won't want to attack me?"

"Rose you and the girls are all in this together. I assure you that. We'll get you a room and introduce you to everyone. How's that sound?"

"Ya." She smiled and jumped off the couch to hug you. "Danke dir. Thank you."

"Awww. You're welcome Rose. Though anything else you would want to know?"

"Do you always wear girl's clothes?" She laughed.

"Actually, I wouldn't have met my girlfriend if I didn't. It's a long story, but if I didn't wear the getup a few weeks ago this all would have never happened. It's just one of those things. Like how you shoot that shotgun of yours. It's like a violent cartoon."

"Well until Miku let me borrow her glasses, I can't see well. That includes loading the guns. That means I can't, well, aim well." She blushed.

"Let's get you settled and we're picking out a pair of glasses for you. Then we will figure everything out. Okay?"

"Ya." She hugged both of you.

"Isn't she adorable Darling?" Asked Miku.

"Very."

"It's like we have a daughter."

"In a sense. Yeah."

"Want another?"

"Excuse me?"

"Hehe. Nothing Darling. Let's get these precious red eyes some glasses and we will move her in. That means the three of us are going shopping."

"Shopping. And we have her with us. We should eat after her glasses. I know how this goes."

Miku pouted. "What does that mean?"

"It means our afternoon is booked. I know how you are."

She kissed you. "You know me so well."

~~~~~

Rel - So if you haven't caught on, Rose is based off two anime girls.

Omega - Julie Sigtuna and Laura Bodewig.

Rel - Absolute Duo and Infinite Stratos.

Omega - Hope you enjoyed all.

-Rel and Omega