2 | First Day

STELLA ROSSI POV

Trembling, I summoned the courage to finally talk. "I have a sweet morning! Actually, I was dreaming about you guys!"

I naturally took a seat next to Alessandro, and he raised his brow at my words, but then smiled afterwards. "What's the dream like?"

"It was as if I'm sleeping on a cloud with you all beside me."

Alessi laughed at my innocent reply and pat my head softly. I crave it so much that I might cry right here, right now.

Everyone started to eat and joke around, their laughter and chatter blending into a lively symphony, while I sat back and observed them as if they were a masterpiece in a museum.

Lost in my own sweet world, I watched the scene unfold with a sense of detachment, yet profound appreciation, savoring the moment.

"Romeo, Luka, and Cesare will be with you on your first day. If you need help, go to them, okay?"

"Okay!"

As reality settled in, I marveled at the miracle.

In that moment, the weight of grief temporarily lifted, replaced by the undeniable truth that they were here, alive, and together once more.

(Sh/t. At this rate, I might die from happiness.)

After breakfast, I walked towards my room and prepared myself for school while thinking of getting revenge for, and, to protect my brothers.

When I faced the mirror, I saw my past self reflected back at me.

My fists clenched involuntarily, nails digging into my palms as anger surged through me like a relentless tide as soon as I recalled them.

(They dared take everything from us? I'll never forget those sh/tty bastards! I'll make your life miserable like you did to us.)

In that moment, anger wasn't just an emotion, it was a living, breathing entity, demanding recognition.

And I, caught in the whirlwind, grappled with the intensity of a fury that refused to be silenced.

(I'll kill you all, I swear.)

***

"Star, I'm going to set you a few rules you must follow while you're in school. This is for your own good, understand?" Alessandro said while the others nodded in agreement.

I smiled in return, giving him room to continue.

"First of all, don't talk to boys if it's unnecessary, which means no dating. Second, tell us if there's anyone who's mean to you. Third, eat lunch with your brothers. And last, ask permission from me or the others if you want to go somewhere. Do you understand young lady?" Alessandro asked with a soft expression on his face and I nodded in agreement without too much fight, just like I once did.

"Okay Sandy."

The others stifled a laugh every time I said that nickname. But Alessandro himself doesn't seem to mind it and accepts it as a part of his life.

Allesandro then turned his head towards Cesare with an intimidating gaze.

"Cesare, drive carefully." He warned his little brother, but Cesare just rolled his eyes, unfazed, and mumbled 'whatever' which earned a glare not only from Allesandro, but also Massimo and Alessi.

(Gosh, if I'm not here, many kind words would be thrown at Cesare.)

Next, we headed to our garage, where I took a seat in the back. Luka occupied the front seat, while Romeo sat beside me.