Epilogue

Author's Note: If you have any tips writing tips, please feel free to comment.

As always, I continue to hope that I am doing justice to the spirit of Star Wars as well the respective authors and characters from which I borrow. Again, I gratefully accept constructive criticism as a means to help me develop my skills further as a writer.

Before you delve into the final chapter of Knight of Honor, I wanted to take the time to write a proper thank you to everyone who has read my humble tale. For those of you who have left comments and votes, I will always be grateful for your criticism and your support. It's hard to believe that I had worked on Knight of Honor for approximately four years, and it's finally come to a close. I've met some wonderful friends through this story, and I honestly have no idea what my Muse will bring me next to write. With my most heartfelt gratitude, I want to thank each and every one of you so much!

Mandalorian (Mando'a) words

Beskar (BESK-gar): Mandalorian iron

Beskar'gam (BES-kar-GAM): armor

Buy'ce (BOO-chay, BOO-shay): helmet; Colloquially: pint, bucket

Ika (EE-kah): diminutive suffix written as 'ika - also added to a name as a very familiar or childhood form, e.g, Ord'ika - Little Ordo

Kama (KAH-ma): belt-spat

Ner vod (nair-vohd): "my brother/my sister"; colloquially also "my friend"

Shebs (shebs): backside, rear, buttocks (also rear of a building, etc)

Vode (VOH-day): brothers, sisters, comrades

--- --- --- --- ---

Epilogue

I've failed you, Sir. The last two men of my squad have died in surgery, and I have been diagnosed as being disabled and unfit for service. Having a destroyed thigh means I'm useless now, and spending the last of my years behind a desk is no way for a soldier to live. I hope my replacement serves you far better than I have.

Excerpt from TK-2857's suicide note

Mandalore, 91 Days after Order 66

The small datapad was full of white pinpricks that covered a black screen, and as it moved, it copied the image of the sky behind it. When it stopped moving, a series of letters in the Basic language scattered over the screen, labeling the larger planets and some of the constellations.

A small finger touched upon one of those constellations on the datapad and a small paragraph filled a corner of the screen. It described the legend and the origin of the constellation as well as the stars that made up the night-sky portrait.

The finger closed out the information and then touched upon a planet that was distant within the constellation. Facts about the planet filled the screen, and the process remained the same as other planets and constellations were viewed.

"Did you ever travel here?" her voice now asked, as her finger moved over one of the planets, suddenly curious about where her husband may have traveled during the war.

There was a quiet laugh, mixed with an accent that was unique but familiar. "No one goes to Nal Hutta, not unless you want to become a Hutt's slave."

"Oh," she replied, feeling somewhat foolish.

"Les'ika, you've been insatiable with this quest for knowledge, and you're constantly reading every fact on that device that you can find."

Pulling the datapad down from the sky to rest on her stomach, the young woman stayed on her back in the sprouting, fresh grass and looked sideways to the pair of dark eyes that were staring into hers. Even with the faint light of the moons in the night sky, she could see the playful smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.