Chapter 1

Author's Note: If you have any writing tips, please feel free to comment.

As always, I continue to hope that I am doing justice to the spirit of Star Wars as well the respective authors and characters from which I borrow. Again, I gratefully accept constructive criticism as a means to help me develop my skills further as a writer.

Mandalorian (Mando'a) words

Aru'ela (AH-roo-AY-la): hostile, enemy (adj)

Buir (boo-EER): father or mother

Dadita (dah-DEE-tah): code used by Mandalorians, like Morse

Kal'buir (Kal-boo-EER): Father Kal

Haran (HAH-rahn): hell; Literally: destruction, cosmic annihilation

--- --- --- --- ---

Chapter 1

The clones of Jango Fett are perfect soldiers. They will remain obedient in their orders, and their loyalty unmatched. Their emotions, however, could only be suppressed for so much. It would not be considered a failure if they bonded with the female gender. After all, humans have a remarkable instinct to breed, and we were just unable to eliminate all primal needs for the clones. 

Private notes from Kaminoan Geneticist Ko Sai, regarding certain clones' reactions to women

Skirata homestead, Mandalore, Two Months after Order 66

Jas looked at the distant grave markers of the brothers he would never know, momentarily thinking about the diverse group who called themselves a Mandalorian Clan. They asked no questions when he and Dusty had arrived. 

The clan simply offered them sanctuary until they were ready to be on their own again. They just wanted Dusty and Jas to know that they were welcome amongst them and that they were fellow brothers to the ones who were once clones in the Grand Army of the Republic. 

Although Jas' previous interaction with his distant brothers was sparse, he would know them anywhere. It was their mannerisms and the way they held themselves. 

They were all soldiers trained on Kamino and all of them came from the same mold, but it was their ideals and their morals that made them different. It was those traits that they learned from their Mandalorian training sergeants.

Kal Skirata, known to the clan as Kal'buir, was the training sergeant to the former Omega Squad. He was also known for adopting the Null ARCs as his sons, and they were often described as being the man's personal army. 

If not for Kal, the Kaminoians would have executed the Nulls because, in the aihwa-bait's eyes, the Nulls were a failure. 

Kal'buir had also set into motion the plan to get the clones out of the army and provide them with a sanctuary of their cultural Mando roots. The old sergeant was still determined to get their accelerated aging to cease so that they could live out the remainder of their lives as normal humans.

Strangely enough, Dusty easily took to their new roles as regulars, average citizens. He only needed a few days to get himself set up on a nearby farm that one of the other clone soldiers had established. 

From what Jas could recall, a former clone commander named Levet owned the farm. In passing conversations Jas learned that Dusty was trying to earn the attention of a woman from a neighboring clan. 

Jas understood that Dusty had decided he didn't want to spend his abbreviated existence alone and have no one beside him. In their short time on Mandalore, Dusty grew fond of the camaraderie amongst the clans and how the bond of family was so strong. He felt the time had come to stop living in the past and think of his future, no matter how short it would be.