Part 14

"Why are you bringing your phone to the gym, Nishinoya?", Ukai asked the libero "you are supposed to train you know?"
"I am familiar with training, coach", he chuckled "but Asahi has this huge project today and I told him to call me as soon as he is done".
"Okay, I will allow this once because well... I want to know as well how Azumane is doing", he shrugged "I miss the boys".
"Oh they miss you as well coach", Noya told him "they told me that we should come visit them soon".
"We could have them play against us", Ukai thought out loud "our first years could learn a thing or two".
"Yeah or everything", Tsukishima rolled his eyes.
"Tsukki be nice!", Yamaguchi scolded him "I was bad as I started playing last year, they just need time and help".
"I know...", Tsukishima sighed "I am sorry, Yamaguchi".
"You know since the two of you became a thing, Tsukishima has gotten a lot nicer", Tanaka stated and Tsukishima rolled his eyes once again "well at least a little".
Yamaguchi smiled at his boyfriend and Tsukishima smiled right back at him. They had been together for almost two months now and Tsukishima really did change.
"Aw man now I miss Asahi even more", Noya whined and Tsukishima almost looked apologetic knowing full well that Noya suffered without him around.
"Aren't you going to visit him like tomorrow?", Tanaka asked.
"Yes I will but I miss him now anyway", Noya pouted.
"Yeah but remember you will spent an entire week with him then", Tanaka tried to cheer up his best friend.
"Damn I nearly forgot that you had the coming week off", Ukai spoke up "we still have extra training from tuesday to friday. Noya won't be there but the rest of you will".
"Yes coach", they all chorused just as Takeda walked inside the gym.
"I love that team chorus thing", their teacher smiled at them.
"They just answered me", Ukai chuckled "okay guys training is about to start get everything ready and run a few laps to warm up".
Everyone went to work and Ukai turned to Takeda to kiss him quickly.
"You are late today, is everything alright?", the blond man asked.
"Just a lot of things to get done before the week off", Takeda smiled at him "as we practice the whole week I had to get the other things done in time so I would have at least a little time off to enjoy with you".
"I am sorry you have to go through so much trouble", Ukai apologized honestly.
"Oh don't worry about it, I am used to it", Takeda said then got nervous "not going through trouble for you! I meant that I am used to the work as a teacher".
"I know calm down", Ukai chuckled again and kissed Takeda's forehead "I am happy we get to spent time together".
"Yeah me too", he smiled at his boyfriend.
"Ready coach", Tanaka smirked at the pair and Ukai just grinned while Takeda blushed furiously.
"Well then get into two teams with six people each", Ukai announced "we are playing a match".
The match was exhausing and after it they practiced receives because the first years were even worse at those than Hinata in his first year.
"I am pretty sure that my arms are this close to falling off", Tanaka held his thumb and his index finger so close that there was barely any room between them.
"Yeah me too, I will have a lot of new bruises now", Noya huffed "but I don't really care as long as I get to see Asahi soon".
"You know, at some point it's not even cute anymore", Tanaka teased him. He was actually really happy for his friends. And when everything went according to plan then he and Noya would be living with the boys in a few months when they had graduated from high school. They both applied at the same college that Suga and Daichi went to so they could probably live with them if they got into the college.
"I am sorry, Ryuu", Noya looked away sheepishly "I am just so glad to see him again. Phone calls just aren't the same".
"I know", Tanaka sighed "just don't tell me about the 'amazing sex' again because I really don't want to hear that. I swear I can't look Asahi in the eyes next time I see him".
"Don't be like that", Noya chuckled as Tanaka and him went to get the balls that were lying across the floor.
Ennoshita, Kinoshita, Narita, Yachi and the first years had left already when the others were tidying up the gym and putting the stuff back where it belonged. Suddenly Noya's phone started ringing and the boy practically jumped over to where he had laid it down on a bank with a cheer of 'finally'.
"Hey Asahi", Noya answered the phone with enthusiasm "how did the cooking go?"
"Hello this is Dr. Katsuki", the voice on the other line spoke up "are you a  family member of Mr. Azumane?"
"I-I'm his boyfriend", Noya stuttered as his heartbeat picked up and he started sweating "is he okay?"
This man was a doctor, that meant that something had happened right? Noya stood there frozen holding the phone to his ear and awaiting whatever the doctor was about to tell him. Everyone around him noticed and looked at him. Noya was usually pure energy but now he was standing there looking like he was about to faint. Tanaka took a step closer to him and lay a hand on his shoulder which triggered the smaller boy to look up at him. Tanaka saw pure horror and fear in his eyes and could hear how Noya was breathing rapidly. But the boy didn't focus on his friend in front of him but only on the voice that started to speak up again.
"I am terribly sorry to tell you this but Mr. Azumane was involved in an accident and is currently in the hospital".