Part 15

"Where is Asahi?", Kuroo asked as he sat down on their kitchen table "I haven't seem him all day".
"You are just hungry aren't you?", Suga chuckled "he had that special event today where the families of their teachers came by and the students had to prove how well they work in teams. It's his last exam for now. He said he would be home pretty late". Everyone else was through with their exams for now and finally had some time to relax.
"Oh sounds important but I am sure he will do it", Kuroo said "but what are we gonna eat?"
"We could always order in", Daichi chimed into the conversation "as none of us should even touch the stove to prevent accidents this seems to be the best possibility right?"
"I agree", Iwaizumi spoke up "I am not skilled enough to get you all patched up".
"Then what should we order?", Bokuto asked "I am all for burgers".
"But we would have to pick them up ourselves", Oikawa whined.
"Yeah but I have a car now remember?", Bokuto grinned.
"I wouldn't call that thing a car...", Oikawa rolled his eyes when Suga's phone rang in his hand.
"Oh guys be quieter, it's Noya", Suga cheered as he picked up his phone but his smile soon dropped and was exchanged by a face of pure horror "oh my god how did that happen?"
"Suga what happened?", Daichi immediately chimed in "you are pale as a ghost".
"And he is usually pale already", Bokuto whispered concerned.
"Pshh", Suga tried to shut everyone around him up so he could understand Noya better.
"Okay, I will be on my way", Suga assured the boy on the phone "I am gonna call you as soon as I get to him".
"Oh fuck", Daichi noticed that they talked about a person and that could only mean "Asahi".
Suga nodded next to him trying not to cry as he heard sobs from the other line on the phone.
"I promise to call you Noya", Suga assured him again "I will leave now. Try to breathe, okay? Noya, breathe! Okay you know what hand me over to Tanaka right now. Yeah, hey Tanaka you have to watch out for him now okay? Give him water so he doesn't dehydrate. And breathe with him. I will call you again soon. Take care of him for me".
Suga waited for a response and then ended the call turning towards the other boys in the room. He was shaking now that he didn't need to convince Noya that he was strong over the phone. But he took a deep breath and got himself together.
"There was a fire at Asahi's school", Suga informed them and everyone fell silent "he got several burn wounds and a sprained ankle and is passed out in the hospital. We have to get going".
He didn't need to say it again everyone had put on their shoes in record time and they were out in a matter of seconds. They all squeezed into the car that Bokuto got from his grandma some weeks back that was made for 5 people. Now they were in it with 7 but nobody complained. They made it to the hospital in under ten minutes, obviously Bokuto was a madman while driving in case of emergency and all of them scrambled out the car to run to the entry. There were two ladies at the counter and Suga motioned for the rest to stay back as he went to handle it. He tried so hard to hold himself together. Daichi was currently hugging a crying Kyoko while Kuroo held an equally crying Bokuto. Now that he didn't need to focus on the road anymore he lost control over his emotions. Oikawa and Iwaizumi held hands but Oikawa had tears in his eyes as well.
"Hello", Suga greeted the ladies and they smiled at him happy about seeing a friendly person talk to them.
"Good afternoon, can I help you?", the elder of the two asked.
"Yeah, our friend should be here. His name is Azumane... um... is... is he okay?", Suga stuttered out and the woman smiled at him sympathetically.
"Let me take a look my dear", she turned towards the computer to search for the given name "Azumane.... Asahi?"
"Yes", Suga nodded.
"He is still unconscious and sadly we can only let family inside of his room, I am sorry", she informed the boy in front of him.
"But he will be okay, right?", Suga's voice shivered.
"He suffered several minor burns and one pretty nasty one, he also sprained his right ankle", she read off the monitor "because of all the smoke he got intoxicated as well but I am sure the doctors are giving their best to help him".
"Thank you", Suga tried to hold back his tears "is it okay for us to wait for his family to arrive?"
"Of course, you can sit in the room over there", she pointed over to a waiting area with several chairs then handed him a package of tissues "take these with you, your friends will need them. I will tell you if something changes".
"Thank you", Suga attempted a smile and took the package from her. He then turned around to go to his friends and told them about Asahi's sufferings.
"How long has he been in there that the smoke intoxicated him?", Iwaizumi asked as he had just learned about this stuff in college.
"I don't know but let's sit down over there so I can call Noya and...", Suga was stopped dead in his tracks by his own tears and Daichi caught him in his arms.
"He will be okay", Daichi whispered "he will be okay. We have to be here for him now. I am gonna call Noya for you okay? It's gonna be okay, Suga".
Suga nodded and gave him his phone as Kyoko took his hand and got him out of Daichi's embrace and over to the chairs.
"They are on their way and should be here in an hour", Daichi informed as he returned to the rest of them "now we have to wait".