Chapter 5: Rather Be

ANOTHER NEW CHAPTER

I'M ON A ROLL

MY SPAGHETTI IS BURNING

MY LIFE IS IN SHAMBLES

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOM, I'M ENSLAVING YOU AGAIN
(i am so glad voldemort does not actually exist because i don't fancy being crucio'd thanks)

Also!!! I made a discord!! Anybody who wants to join can!!! Here's a link!!!
https://discord.gg/Mfacyh2

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Summary: Harry and Tom finally have their 'talk'.. kinda. They're both just internally screaming, but that's nothing new.

Harry wakes up slowly, letting out a large yawn. He rolls over in his bed, stretching as much as possible without actually getting up. For a few minutes, he's tempted to fall back asleep, because his bed is just so comfy and warm, why would he want to get up?

It's weird how he actually feels well-rested; usually he stays up much later than he should, and still gets up early from well-ingrained habit, thanks to the Dursleys. But today, he actually feels like he got a proper amount of rest. (Doesn't stop him from wanting to fall back asleep, but he knows it's a pointless endeavor anyways.)

The only logical conclusion for why he got a proper amount of sleep is if he went to bed early, but why on Earth would he-

Harry remembers yesterday's events and groans, any lingering tiredness immediately vanishing.

Right, he has a slave now. And said slave is Voldemort.

Merlin, why can't Harry just have a normal life? Even just a normal year? Just one. That's all he asks for. One year where his life isn't written like some crappy seven book series.

Harry gets comfortable under his covers; he needs to think, and there's no reason he needs to get up to do so.

He's in the kitchen only two minutes later, sipping some hot tea and regretting many life choices. He knows he needs to see if Riddle is up yet, but he'll deal with that later. Right now, he's busy mourning the loss of his covers because his body hates him staying in bed after he wakes up, for some reason. Curse his bodily habits.

The idea is finally sinking in now, that none of this is a dream. Harry walked through yesterday in a half-daze, like any second he was going to wake up and everything was going to be back to normal. Obviously, that didn't happen. And now he has to accept the reality that he accepted Voldemort as a slave.

He sips at his tea, still lost in thought.

Riddle, for the most part, seems pretty subdued. It actually worries Harry how he's not even fighting against it. He's called Harry 'master', kneeled without being prompted, obeyed Harry's orders, didn't touch the food until told he could do so, and expected Harry to bind his wrists overnight (let him—brought it up himself, instead of just pretending he didn't know) , as if he'd just.. accepted all this. As if all the fight had left him.

(And Harry doesn't want to know what it took for Riddle to break. What it took to get Riddle to kneel down, to call him master with no hesitation.)

And Harry even made him wear a collar . (He doesn't know why he delusioned himself yesterday, thinking that Riddle had any choice in this. Like there was any choice except for him to accept-) Merlin, what was he thinking?! Of course, he doesn't want Riddle to get sent back, but a collar. Why doesn't he just parade Riddle around in the streets at this rate?!