Chapter 3: A Deal with the Devil

YOOO LOOK A NEW CHAPTER. FINALLY. IT'S BEEN YEARS. Or a single month.

So I really don't know what to say. I got a job, I'm super busy all the time now ;-;

Alright I have one request. Somebody PLEASE write their own slave-Tom Tomarry fanfic. Please. P L E A S E. I beg you. I'm so desperate. It's such a great concept how has nobody else thought of it before. How. Please write it. Please sent it to me. PLEASE.

Anyways, hope u enjoy this nice chapter :D

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Summary: Tom and Harry try to sort out their thoughts. It doesn't work.

 Tom shuts the door behind him, and hearing the lock click shut really shouldn't have felt as euphoric as it had, but he pays that no mind. For a moment, he wonders if he's even allowed to lock the door, but decides to risk it. The sense of privacy is too compelling to pass up and Tom revels in it while he can, even if it could be countered by a measly first-year spell.

'Take a shower, or even a bath if you want,' Potter had said. 'There's shampoo and towels already in there, and Kreacher will find some clothes that fit you. Just—take your time. Take as long as you want. Merlin knows we both need time to think some things through.'

Tom sighs.

He's a slave now—Potter's slave, at that. The same boy whose parents he killed. The same boy who he ruined the life of. (The Daily Prophet spreading rumors and lies, the Triwizard Tournament, using him for the ritual to get his body back, torturing and killing his friends, killing him. Need the list go on?)

And in the end, at the final battle at Hogwarts, Potter had the audacity to leave him alive. After Tom killed him.

(He knows Potter was dead. He doesn't know how he knows, but he knows. Potter was dead.)

It makes him wonder why Potter is even pretending to be nice to him. Why let him take a shower when he could just use a cleaning spell (or not even that)? Why give him the chance to disobey—to revolt against him? Why even take the chains off in the first place, when anybody else would've just kept him locked up somewhere, unable to fight back at all?

He wonders how long Potter is going to keep pretending. Sooner or later, Potter is going to get over his newfound shock of 'owning a slave', and realize exactly how much power he has over him. Potter is going to realize he can punish Tom as much as he wants for all the pain he's caused him with no retribution. In fact, most people would only encourage it even more.

Tom isn't looking forward to whenever that will be.

Finally snapping partway out of his thoughts, he starts taking off his clothes—basically rags, covered in dirt and blood. He may have no idea what Potter is thinking, but he's not about to waste the opportunity to take a shower.

Soon enough, the only clothing left is the bright red collar snapped around his neck. There is no lock and key, unlike the chains from earlier, only a buckle, like somebody would see on a dog collar.

(Tom supposes that's all he is anymore. Nothing more than a dog—and that's if he's lucky.)

Tom could easily take the collar off at any time by reaching up and unbuckling it, but he supposes that's what Potter was trying to achieve. He's serving Potter of his own free will (or as close to that as he can get), and the fact he can remove the collar is proof of that.

It's proof that Potter trusts him to keep his side of their agreement—the one where he agrees to obey all of Potter's orders without complaint in return for living.