My smile grows even wider as I nod and hum, "Yeah. They are doing great."

Tul pats me on the back. "That's great. Hey, I have to go work on a project over lunch. I'll talk to you later. Okay."

We walk towards the door. "Okay. I'll talk to you later."

***

I walk into the art building's canteen. For some reason, my memory of the first time that I came here suddenly comes rushing back to me. I think we scared most of the students that were here that day.

As I walk to the corner and our usual table, I glance around. Only a few students look up, but I can't see the fear or the shock that I did that first day. Instead, I'm met with friendly smiles.

What a difference time makes.

I stop next to Tee and kiss the top of his head. Then, I turn and look at everyone. "Yeah, guys."

In unison, everyone chimes, "Hi."

I look down at Tee, smile, and chime, "Baby, what do you want for lunch?" I don't really have to ask, because I know what he will eat, but I ask it anyway.

Tee flashed me a brilliant smile. "Get me the usual. I'm not wanting anything different."

Okay. I can definitely handle the usual. "Okay." I turn towards Detrick and ask, "Detrick, what are you wanting for lunch?"

Dee giggles and pokes him a few times, as she teases, "Oh, I think he is wanting a side of Dean. Can you get that for him?"

Oh, Dee is loving this. For the first time since she has known Detrick, she can finally tease him about his love life, and she isn't missing a minute of it.

I chuckle and shake my head. "I don't think that Dean can make it today. He doesn't have enough time to run here for lunch every day."

Detrick's cheeks slowly begin to turn a pink color as he playfully tries to slap Dee's hands away. Dean would be loving the view of how cute Detrick is, if he was here right now. Shoot. I should get this on video for Dean.

I slowly pull my phone out of my pocket and I nonchalantly begin filming Dee and Detrick. However, I quickly put my phone down when Detrick turns towards me and asks, "Tae, can you get me my usual? I'm like Tee, today, and I don't want anything different either."

I smile and nod my head. I glance around the table. "Is anyone else coming with me?"

Godt nods and gets up. Then, Kimmon and Shane follow right behind him.

The four of us head to the food stalls. When we get far enough away from the table that the other won't hear, Shane nudges me and asks, "Did you record D-man and Dee? By chance are you going to send that to Dean?"

Oh, he knows me too well. I chuckle and nod my head. "I thought Dean would enjoy seeing just how cute Detrick was being. It doesn't happen too often when Detrick blushes, and I didn't want my cousin to miss it."

Kimmon drapes his arm around my shoulders and chimes, "Oh, I'm sure Dean will enjoy it. I wish I had someone that take pictures of Copgi for me when he gets like that. I love seeing him blushing, especially if he is also flustered. He is just too cute." Kimmon's eyes sparkle with a mischievous glint, and I can only imagine what he would do.

I push Kimmon's arm off my shoulder and I stride ahead of them to the food stalls. I'm not going to wait for the others. I order my food and step back for the next person to come forward and place their order. As I wait, I pull my phone out of my pocket and quickly forward the video of Detrick and Dee to Dean. I'm sure that it will make his day.

A sly smile spreads across my face. I wish I could see Dean's face when he watches the video.

***

Dean POV

Beep.

I look at my food. It tastes so bland without Detrick next to me.

I sigh and pull out my phone. Oh, it is a video from Tae.

I open the video and a smile instantly appears on my face. I wish I was there right now. I would have loved to see this with my own eyes. However, I can't leave today. I have a meeting in just a little bit, and I wouldn't have made it if I left.

My eyes zoom in on Detrick's face. Is that a slight blush that I'm seeing? Oh, I'm definitely going to have to go see him tonight.

My smile continues to spread even wider as I watch the video. Detrick is just too cute.

A warmth begins to radiate from my heart. Shoot. I didn't think that it could be possible, but I think I just fell for him again. How can one person bring this much happiness into my life?

Posted January 10, 2020