twenty three

{ Reia's POV }

It's the day before the mafia ball, but it's also the day that I have to torture someone.

It took me longer to heal, and mentally prepare myself for this. I had to hear everyone else's stories on torture. The oddest thing was Vlad came yesterday, and he was the one who actually helped me feel better.

He said 'Cristian was the one who taught me, he told me that there wasn't a right way to do it because everyone breaks differently...you are only doing it wrong if you aren't effective.'

It's good advice.

I'm still not a person who wants to actually be the one torturing someone, but I do understand sometimes in this world that we have to...because no matter how much I wish it was it's not all rainbows and butterflies.
It isn't a fairytale or even close but it's family.

Maybe not the greatest one but a family none the less...

<{🥀}>

"I don't like being the one torturing someone else either but I also don't like being tortured. Meaning sometimes in order to protect yourself, and the family it's a necessary evil."
Isabel says

I can understand that.

"I enjoy it if it's someone who pisses me off. Otherwise I don't really have a want or reason to torture them so I'll let the guys handle it."
Sabrina says

She's slightly psycho but I guess in this life that's welcome.

"Reia, your only real downfall in the mafia world is that you try to see the good in everyone. Just don't be blind. Allow yourself to see people for who they really are."
Isabel tells me

"I'll try." I reply

"We know you will." Isabel says

<{🥀}>

I go into the cells Dimitri and Vlad are the ones going with me to observe, and witness being Cristian isn't here. Technically Vlad is from the Russian mafia and it's the test for Italy.. but being they are joined it still counts.

I walk into the room they are keeping the prisoner in — it smells so awful I have to hold back a gag.

I see a man who looks older than both Dimitri and I. He looks awful. He's dirty and needs to shave, but I can tell that he was probably decent looking before he was captured.

"Please I have a family."
The man begs looking towards me

Dimitri and Vlad tie him to a chair while he continues to beg.

"You do?" I question

"Yes I have a wife and a daughter." He says pleadingly to get free then he continues on to say "I've been in here for so long I don't even know if they are alive, and taken care of..please. They don't have anyone else."

"I'll let you go if you can answer one question for me..." I tell the guy

Dimitri and Vlad look at me as if I've lost my head but I simply ignore them.