four

( Reia's outfit above )
{ Reia's POV }

It's been a few weeks since Annika and Dimitri first arrived.

Every night Annika eats dinner with the men downstairs but then comes has dessert with me. She tells me what they talked about at dinner, including the progress concerning my grandfather Val's murder...which hasn't been much.

They honestly all probably know just as much as I do regarding the murder and that's sad.

I have had a few small talks with Dimitri in the halls and one day he showed up in the library.

I know he is picking up on how different everything is here including how I act. Luckily he doesn't mention it to me which I'm grateful for. I don't have it in me to talk about it anymore.

However Annika has said that Dimitri has asked her about my behavior, and everyone's towards me, but all she told him was 'I know but I've sworn not to talk about it with anyone'.
Making it very clear she wouldn't be telling Cristian anything either.

Today my mother is coming back but only because today is the day that Cristian is also coming here, and for some unknown reason I'm nervous.

I shouldn't be.

I really shouldn't be.

But I am..

<{🥀}>

I'm dressed in a black dress that I hate.
My father all but ordered me to wear it. I hate wearing dark colors, because I feel like that's all I'm surrounded by. I'm also being instructed to wear a pair of black flats, which I also hate because I actually prefer heels.

The dress nearly hides my entire body shape.
It almost falls to my ankles making me feel like a nun going to a funeral. Nothing against nuns of course, but I don't want to be one.

I'm not wearing much makeup just foundation and mascara because I don't have any other makeup products. They've never forbid me from wearing makeup, but they won't buy it for me. The mascara and foundation is some my mother brings me from time to time.

I've straightened my hair just because my father and uncles prefer it that way. I hate it straight because it just looks flat, but I'm not going to start an argument over it.

It really isn't that serious.

They aren't as bad as they seem. I am just stuck here with seemingly no way out, and I have been for a while now. I guess I'm just use to it now. I know the drill. I gave up on questioning everything a while back.

Now I'm just doing what is asked of me....

Or at least what's expected of me..

<{🥀}>

I hear a knock on my bedroom door, and soon after I see my mother walk in, she shuts the door behind her. I go to her and hug her.
Which she of course returns.

When we pull away I say "Welcome back home. Sorry I wasn't down there to welcome you in like I usually do."

"It's okay flower. I see they've done it again." She says sadly referring to the outfit and the overprotectiveness of my father and uncles.