seventeen

{ Reia's POV }

I was woke up this morning by Isabel asking me to come with her. We ended up cooking breakfast for the maids before they even made it in the kitchen. Only they were in uniforms and ready for the day, and we were still in our pajamas but we had fun. It was nice.

As the maids ate their food, we ate with them. We shared small talk and they told us how they had gotten their jobs. It was nice hearing how the UK mafia saved some of them from sex traffickers...and instead of leaving them in a street somewhere they offered them jobs as long as they kept secrets of what happened in the mansion.

When all the guys woke up the maids served them food, while Isabel and I drank coffee as they ate. Isabel mentioned to me that she does this almost every morning because she believes every job in the mafia is important sworn in or not, and I couldn't agree with her more.

Now I'm currently being tested on weapons.

And not just any old weapons,the UK enhanced weapons....

<{🥀}>

For the test I had to take apart one of their guns and put it back together. Which was tricky but I managed to 'wing it' as they say in America.

I also had to go into their shooting range and use different guns. Then I used some arrows, darts, throwing knives, lasers, etc.

I even got to set off and dismantle an explosive.
I was having a freak out fan girl moment, because I find explosives kind of cool and fascinating. However I wasn't even allowed to step in the room that we kept ours in so it was a pretty big moment for me.

It sounds typical in mafia world to have to use so many weapons but most people only have one signature weapon. At least that's how it's been in every other mafia, but the UK doesn't play that way. They enhance every weapon they lay their hands on and they continue to step outside of the box each time. They don't find comfort in having on signature weapon. They want to push the limits. That's something the others could learn from them.

I mean luckily I had read about some of their weapons, and other enhanced weapons to at least have an idea. If I didn't I would've been screwed, I wouldn't have even known how to use them. Much less rebuild them.

Because of that I passed the UK tradition test.

<{🥀}>

Isabel grabbed me for lunch while the guys decided to either do paperwork or get a work out in. So now Isabel and I are trying some of the UKs famous dishes. The maids wanted to do it for us being we cooked them breakfast.

Kindness got rewarded with kindness, and although that's not always the case..
today it was.

"Reia, you should come to Asia being you've been to every other mafia." Isabel says

"I would love that. I just don't know that I'll be able too with my family how they are."
I say

Isabel nods in understanding.

"I think the mafia ball will be my last adventure and taste of freedom. That thought alone terrifies me, but I'm doing everything thing I can to prepare myself for it again, and enjoy every moment of freedom I have now."
I explain further