Chapter 27

A/N Hi Everyone! I wanted to thank you for your reviews, questions and advice. Hopefully some of your questions will be answered soon. I appreciate your patience with how slowly each chapter is being updated. Sometimes real life has other plans.

XX X

The last few days had been a whirlwind for Gibbs and Timmy. Between Christmas and Jack's visit they'd kept very busy. Jack had left to return to Stillwater yesterday afternoon, but that didn't mean the two could finally relax. Iris and Ezra Klein, the owners of the wonderful Bed and Breakfast in Bloomsburg were set to arrive today to spend a few days. They'd kept in touch through email over the past few months and the older couple was anxious to see their honorary grandson. They'd suggested that Timmy and Gibbs come visit them for New Year's; however Gibbs had a better idea. Iris had mentioned that it had been a while since their last vacation and Gibbs didn't want her to worry about having to serve them. Instead he proposed that the couple come to visit and allow him to show the Kleins the same hospitality they'd received. He was also excited about introducing his family to the couple as he'd shared so much about them over the last couple of months.

He'd done all of his errands yesterday after he dropped Jack off at the airport, but now he had to tidy up around the house. With Tim down for a nap it allowed him time to work without worrying about what kind of mischief the little guy would be getting in to. As the dryer buzzed signaling the cycle was complete he grabbed the sheets and carried them into the guest bedroom. The Kleins would be staying downstairs in the room located just to the right of the kitchen. It had been empty for years, but when Timmy took over the second bedroom upstairs they'd moved all the furniture downstairs. Tony had persuaded him to buy a television for the room, convincing him that it would be a nice escape for the older couple if they needed it. Abby and Ziva had helped decorate to make it feel homier. Dropping the sheets on a nearby chair he ran his fingers through his hair and looked around. If it hadn't been for the two girls the room would have consisted of a bed and dresser instead of the wonderfully decorated masterpiece that it had morphed into. Sorting through the linen he found the fitted sheet, carried it over to the bed and began stretching it out over the mattress. Once he was finished making the bed he folded towels for the bathroom, dusted and vacuumed. Finally giving the room his stamp of approval he closed the door and started on the next chore on his list.

It was late afternoon by the time Gibbs received a phone call from Iris letting him know they were half an hour away. By this time Timmy was up from his nap and playing in the family room with his new toys. Gibbs was putting the finishing touches on the lasagna and was popping it in the oven to bake when he hung up with the woman. After pouring another cup of coffee he quickly cleaned up the mess he'd made and wandered into the family room.

Tim was immersed in one of the books Ducky bought him for Christmas, looking up only when Gibbs cleared his throat. "Whatcha doing, son?"

The toddler giggled as the roar of a lion filtered out through the small speaker of the book he was looking through. "That lion sure sounds hungry, kiddo." Tim shrugged his shoulders and flipped to the next page, bellowing, "Moooo!"

"That's right, buddy. The cow says "Moooo."

The youngster laughed at how silly his daddy sounded and patted the floor next to him. Gibbs smiled, adoring the fact that his son wanted them to look through the book together. He took one last look around the downstairs, wanting everything to be perfect for the Kleins arrival.

"How about you come sit on daddy's lap while we wait for grandma and grandpa to get here. If I sit on the floor, I don't think I'll make it back up."

Gibbs set his cup of coffee on the end table near the end of the couch before scooping Tim up in his arms and smothering him with kisses. "Are you excited to see grandpa and grandma? They're really excited to see you."